Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hyperlite Murray vs Liquid Force ?

larrys

What Liquid Force board would compare to the Hyperlite Murray? I have been comparing the specs/reviews and from what I can tell the Witness might be the closest. My Murray will not fit in my new boards racks. I really don't want to change racks, so I am thinking about swapping boards. I use this boards for my sons guests and myself. I want something that is close to the Murray if possible. Ant thoughts.

Which year?

The Belmont? Lots of different versions here.

'05 Murray had two different ends - one favored the toe side, one the heelside.

'06 Murray is what I've got. I love it. Molded fins on both ends. THICK rails. It has steps in the middle so as to 'push' the water our of the way on landing - supposed to make landings softer.

This board barely fits in my racks too. But I love it and would put it on the floor if I had to.

Which year?

The Belmont? Lots of different versions here.

'05 Murray had two different ends - one favored the toe side, one the heelside.

'06 Murray is what I've got. I love it. Molded fins on both ends. THICK rails. It has steps in the middle so as to 'push' the water our of the way on landing - supposed to make landings softer.

This board barely fits in my racks too. But I love it and would put it on the floor if I had to.

It is an '06. What racks to you have?

I had boards in the floor all last year. Since I have moved from the LSV to a VLX I have less floor space. I got 4 racks so everything could stay off the floor. Much to my surprise when it wouldn't fit the Titan low-riders.

Since I just started riding last year I am not too attached to the board. Since I was coming from the Murray, Wakeside suggested the LF Witness.

Anyone interested in a used Murray 142cm in perfect condition?

I've got Titan Low-riders. They're rubber dipped even.

I do have to jam it into the racks and pull almost one end out, and then swing it back the other way to get it out. It probably takes twice as long to get it out of the rack as a normal board, but that's not very long.

I do have to jam it into the racks and pull almost one end out, and then swing it back the other way to get it out. It probably takes twice as long to get it out of the rack as a normal board, but that's not very long.

That's the same racks I got. I can't get my board it to fit at all. I wonder if Titan has changed the rack?

Not sure, but I'd be surprised. Mine barely fit. I mean I have to wedge them in there. I didn't get this board until Dec of '06. So I'd had my Bu a few seasons - and the racks were worn in. But the rubber is still in good shape.

That's the same racks I got. I can't get my board it to fit at all. I wonder if Titan has changed the rack?

If that's the only board that doesn't fit, then I would just spring one of the racks to separate the forks a bit more. I know for a fact (don't ask) that the titan lowrider racks can be sprung without a lot of force.

If that's the only board that doesn't fit, then I would just spring one of the racks to separate the forks a bit more. I know for a fact (don't ask) that the titan lowrider racks can be sprung without a lot of force.

I thought about that! I may give it a try.

'spring' - care to elaborate?

With a bit leverage (breaker bar, pipe, or stupid tree branch that sticks out farther than it appeared in the mirror), you can spread the forks apart a little bit. Since, IIRC, the middle fork of the Low Rider is thicker than the top/bottom, then if you spread the fork, it will move the outside fork, and leave the middle one where it is. You would most likely only have to spread the fork 1/2 inch to make it work.