Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Integrated Bow Sack

VLXRonnie

A few questions for you (like always :lol:) ...

1. Can I mount those pumps in the engine area or will it increase the chances of going BOOM?

2. Would I have to add relays? I am not sure of the switch "size" but I bought heavier duty marine specific switches.

3. Do they allow water to flow through the pump either with the sacks full (pushing water out) or the sacks empty (pushing water in)?

I think thats it...thanks in advance :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VLXRonnie

• Steck

• WakeGirl

• jetskipro550

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few questions for you (like always :lol:) ...

1. Can I mount those pumps in the engine area or will it increase the chances of going BOOM?

2. Would I have to add relays? I am not sure of the switch "size" but I bought heavier duty marine specific switches.

3. Do they allow water to flow through the pump either with the sacks full (pushing water out) or the sacks empty (pushing water in)?

I think thats it...thanks in advance :)

1. They're not ignition protected, so it's not recommended. What works with that is the fact that they do a better job of stopping water (acting as a check valve) if they're above the water line. So if you can find a place for them that's not in the bilge, all the better on both counts.

2. Probably, but check the ratings on your switch. They spike to 20amps on startup & pull something like 12amps continuous. That's a lot for the stock switches, so I ran relays to be safe. It's not all that expensive to do, just more brain work to think it all through right.

3. As I stated in #1, if you mount them above the water line then they'll hold water out. Now water from the bag is a different issue & if you create too much pressure then it will push out through the pump. So if you can get a good loop in the fill line & put that into the top of the bag (vs. the bottom) then that will help with that problem. If you plan on using the same pump in reverse (which is totally doable with these pumps) to drain back through the bottom of the boat, that creates some unique challenges on this issue that you may want to think about. We can take those specifics to your other thread when you get to that point.

One thing, they're quite a bit louder than the aerators, so be prepared for that.

1. They're not ignition protected, so it's not recommended. What works with that is the fact that they do a better job of stopping water (acting as a check valve) if they're above the water line. So if you can find a place for them that's not in the bilge, all the better on both counts.

I would like to as some questions too...May I ask where you mounted your pumps? I'm also curious what other places you considered? As for the auto filling or auto draining issues, did you also install loops with these same pumps? If the simer pumps work as check valves would you still need the loops?

Sorry for the 101 questions! Innocent.gif

Thanks

I would like to as some questions too...May I ask where you mounted your pumps? I'm also curious what other places you considered? As for the auto filling or auto draining issues, did you also install loops with these same pumps? If the simer pumps work as check valves would you still need the loops?

Thanks

I'll try to get a full write up done this week, it should answer all of those questions & more.

Thanks

I'll try to get a full write up done this week, it should answer all of those questions & more.

Great! Thanks... Clap.gif