Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Rlxi

Sixball

In regards to towers on the 2007 RLXi - this is the Titan DL6, Series 3, in Polished.

Titan%20DL6%20001.JPG

Titan%20DL6%20002.JPG

Titan%20DL6%20003.JPG

Titan%20DL6%20004.JPG

I think that's just smoking hot.

Peter

Edited by SmoothWaterMan
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmoothWaterMan

• VinRLX

• Ozresponse

• Sixball

Seat too low? Good reason to install our swivel seat plate. Raises the seat about 1" from stock, and gives you the swivel.

Missing the old style netting? Order the 4 panels and install them yourself. $180 plus shipping.

Oh yeah, we got the answers. lol....

Peter :)

I'm new here, but you have a swivel plate?????

I'd love to have the driver's seat pivot, but it seems close to the side of the boat, is there room to swivel without the rear of the seat hitting the side in an LXi?????

If so, I'm in! How do I learn where to get one???

Ski Lvr,

I don't know if the photos are still up somewhere, but we designed and custom built a swivel base to install on Malibu boats that did not come standard. The primary boat was the 2003-2006 RLXi, but we found that it works very well on numerous boats, such as the SLXi, older VLX's and such.

In looking at the 2007 RLXi, I believe the same bracket will install and work just like on the 2006 RLXi. The pivot point is such that it allows the seat to swing away from the armrest, and therefore not hit it. (There is always a chance of the base needing to be moved slightly, for the seat installation at the factory is not an exact science)

I'm sure there is someone on here that has own of our creations.....

EDIT : Found the old stuff :

http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index....c=8845&st=0

ps - to get one just email me.

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

Ozresponse,

Stay positive mate..... You have got yourself a great product. I took a new 07 Rlxi for a run last week, courtesy of GRE Marine in Sydney. I would have to say that after 20 years of driving boats, the new Rlxi is the best inboard centre mount I have had the pleasure of driving.

These boats are really going to stamp their mark on the Aussie market and will be a sought after product both on the new and 2nd hand boating market. I will eat my words in 6 months if need be but you watch, the all new Response Lxi will be every skiers dream come December this year.

I agree that the seat is very low and I am going to ask GRE if I can order mine with a VTX swivel seat and if that can't be achieved, I will order it with an extra thick cushion. I actually like the way the rear view mirror is mounted because I have my centre window open quite a bit, so, the mirror on the drivers side suits me and I thought that the view was better with the mirror mounted on the drivers side.

And I especially love how dry the bow stays !!!

Have a chat to Ian via PM, he is a great bloke to chat with and already has quite a few hours on his and can speak from experience.

Jason

Thanks guys,

Looking forward to new boat, just disappointed Malibu didin't get it quite right. I guess it gives us something to write about. I was also going to question getting the vtx swivel seat, othewise I will make up some spacer plates.

I am also going to get the "response" side decal made up as used on the limited edition as I think that looks awesome. Getting the titan 3 tower so I will mount my mirror off it.

Hi Peter

Just re-read your post. Do I have to order a specific model titan 3 or do all malibus use that version as standard on an Rlxi?

Thanks

Here is my .02 cents. This past Saturday I got the pleasure of taking out a 2007 RLXI with the Hammerhead. I believe it was the promo boat for Tommy's Slalom shop here in Denver. Let me just say thanks to Tommy and Dwayne for all their patience and help during my search for the perfect boat. Dwayne met us at Tommy's private lake and let us tear up the water and drive the course. I am absolutely blown away by the 2007 RLXI. The hammerhead engine is most impressive. I have also driven a 2006 RLXI with the Monsoon motor and was blown away by it also. The fit and finish of the 2007 was perfect. This boat had 2.5 hours when we stepped foot in it. The downside for my wallet is that, if I indeed get one, I will have to have it fully loaded or I won't buy it. I suppose the Hammerhead will get left off my need list. I sure as hell want it though. Hell my girlfriend and my kids got to drive it also and all just loved it. I can't think of a single flaw on the boat that I noticed. The driver seat was lower then expected, but I am only 5'8" and use the bolster on almost every boat I have driven. If I had one thing to wish for and this is going to make most of you nuts. I want the ability to have the Malibu cruise and the perfect pass to be fully functional. It is my understanding that PP disables the Precision cruise that Malibu offers. Dwayne said on a previous 2003 RLXI he owned he was able to have both when he did the install himself. I think the Malibu cruise is super easy to use and I find will find it easier for my girlfriend to use also. We won't need to break out the manual each time to make changes.

Kevin

Kevin, when you buy your RLXi have one of the tech's wire up a selector switch, and you can toggle back and forth between PP and PP. Lol...that's Perfect Pass and Precision Pro....

Peter. :)

In regards to towers on the 2007 RLXi - this is the Titan DL6, Series 3, in Polished.

Titan%20DL6%20002.JPG

I think that's just smoking hot.

Peter

Hey Peter, I'm looking at the pics thinking something's awful familiar. Then I realized that's Skier's Pier here in SE Michigan! Where'd you get the pics?

I logged in to my webcam that I secretly hid in their store and every time they moved the boat a little I took a snap shot. Great resolution, don't you think?

Kevin, when you buy your RLXi have one of the tech's wire up a selector switch, and you can toggle back and forth between PP and PP. Lol...that's Perfect Pass and Precision Pro....

Peter,

Is it really that simple to do? I have done plenty of wiring in my day and would be really curious how simple it would be to wire up a selector switch. What part of the wiring is Perfect pass able to disable electronically on the Precision Pro? It actually says on the screen that it is disabled because of Perfect Pass. That just makes no sense to me. It has to be tapping into the same leads off the speedo/throttle controls. Right?

Kevin, that was fun. I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Just wait until the end of summer and you can buy my boat.

The only boat that I have ever seen that both speed control systems worked was an 06' that I had to install Perfect Pass on for some promo people.

Perfect Pass comes with a plug that jumps two of the wires on the communications port. When the plug is installed Perfect Pass worked. When unplugged Precision Pro worked. I am sure you could hook this to a switch. I think that Malibu has some how defeated this in the ECM or MDC. Peter needs to work on this because I would love to know how to have both. For now I think the only way is to order a boat without Perfect Pass and install it after.

Dwayne

There are 3 areas that would need to be addressed. First is power to the Perfect Pass would need to be interrupted. Second is a jumper wire on the engine ECM would need to be connected, and third is a jumper wire on the MDC would need to be connected. While I'm sure that many on here are perhaps even more qualified to create and install a wiring harness to handle this task, I don't see it as something that Malibu would approve of as an aftermarket accessory. I would be comfortable personally installing a system in our shop, but at this time that is likely the extent of our involvement.

If someone were to wire any part of this incorrectly, you risk damage to the MDC, PP, ECM, or could even create a hazardous situation.

Call me conservative but my personal and liability limits are far below that type of exposure. :unsure:

9 1/2 hrs 320 LCR 48 mph only ran top end for short time felt like it was still accelerating. Driver only in boat.

Lake temp 3 deg hi. Air temp on the money under the dash. The boat is weight sensitive up to 36mph. No Spray off the boat. at 35 off. Boat is very good in choppy water. Handling is outstanding. this boat is a blast to drive. Yahoo.gif

Can you Tune the weight sensitive wake with the Ruder and rudder tab? Never had one of these. Dontknow.gif

Gotta call BS on the top end speed...grab a gps for the next high speed run and you're result will be a tad diff't

I will run a top end run again but the numbers I got were with a Garmin GPS map 76cs. Also checked water and air temps with a Fluk air temp was on the money if you put the pickup under the dash. I Think the water temp was 2.7 deg HI.

I DON'T have any big complaints all my comments are comparisons to my old boat. The new Rlxi is a dream to drive,Excellent ski. I bought this boat because I found myself comparing all the rest to other BU's witch I thought skied the best!!!!!! I have looked at and skied MC 190 CC 196 MB sports 190 and OH YA Rlxi!!!!

I have been out of town for a couple of weeks so now maybe I can get more time on the boat this week Thumbup.gif If the old sunsetter lxi with the D25 hull was still available I may have bought that.

47.8 _ 48 MPH one person in boat checked it again today. also had some head wind. All I can say is save your bucks get LCR 320 07 Rlxi

Convert--do you have a link to more pictures? Your boat has one of the color schemes I've toyed with on iSpec.