Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Rlxi

Sixball

Well Weather has gone from below freezing to go skiing!!!!!!!! Had the new Rlxi out three times. It ski's Like GOOD man. Real good. WOW.

A littele weight sensitive. If you have some balance its outstanding!!!!! Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmoothWaterMan

• VinRLX

• Ozresponse

• Sixball

Well Weather has gone from below freezing to go skiing!!!!!!!! Had the new Rlxi out three times. It ski's Like GOOD man. Real good. WOW.

A littele weight sensitive. If you have some balance its outstanding!!!!! Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gif

Congrats on finally getting the new boat out. Thumbup.gif

Michigan weather is finally turning around...I think. Biggrin.gif

How cold was Wixom Lake?

Congrats on finally getting the new boat out. Thumbup.gif

Michigan weather is finally turning around...I think. Biggrin.gif

How cold was Wixom Lake?

Thursday 48deg. Friday 52 deg Saturday. 58deg. Sunday 62deg. I need to check my water temp gage. I know the water in wixom lake warms fast but I am not sure it is that warm. Yahoo.gif

Hi All from Australia,

Picked our new 2007 RLxi up from GRE Marine, Sydney on 5th April Clap.gif and have put 45 hrs on it to date. We are still waiting on our Titan 3 tower to be polished & fitted so it isn't quite complete yet. Have the new floating wedge which looks great in all stainless, but it doesn't work as effectively as we thought it would.

The more we use it the more we like it, we have mainly been footing and slalom skiing and our view is the slalom wake is better than our 2004 RLxi at shorter line lengths. Thumbup.gif We were a little disappointed in the footing wake, for wake crosses, at first :( but a little fine tuning of the line length and we can live with it. We love the overall look in & out of the water and the screen looks heaps better on a real boat than pictures. We do a lot of early morning footing and the new screen vents actually work to clear the fogging on the screen. I had my doubts when reading about this aspect but it does work, much better than the old model where we had to look over the screen when driving for early morning runs. We have the screen with the velcro on the walk thru piece and quickly got sick of it and simply took the velcro strip off the fixed panel and it all works fine for us now, no rattles and it is heavy enough to stay in place over boat rolls etc.

The height of the nose makes life so much easier driving on the river and we haven't had a roller over yet, on our 2004 boat we put a roller over the first day out. It is now similar to the old Sunsetter in nose height. When we get the Titan tower on I will post some pics to show off the new rig, which is black & vapour blue which go together very nicely.

Cheers Ian J. :)

Ian J,

Mate would love to have a chat to you over the phone. Have just put my 04 Lxi on the market with the view of buying a 07 Lxi. Is there any chances I can get you to pm me an email address so we can have a chat

Jason

The more we use it the more we like it, we have mainly been footing and slalom skiing and our view is the slalom wake is better than our 2004 RLxi at shorter line lengths

What about longer line lengths? (15,22,&28) Is there any difference?

Can you comment on how the wake is better at short line behind the '07RLXi? What is different. Also, what is different on the footing wakes, what makes them a little less desireable? Thanks, posts appreciated.

I took our new RLXi for the first ski last saturday. Air temp about 70, water temp 56/58 deg. Slalom skis like a dream. Wake with floating wedge not quite as good as my Echelon with fixed wedge. Plus side is lots more interior room to put ballast bags in RLXi over Echelon. I also noticed that the RLXi is a little weight sensative too. I think you would have to TRY HARD to get water over the bow with this boat. Rough water ride is very good. Handles like a sports car. Effortless steering. Instant throttle response. 46 mph top end w/LCR. Surprised.gif

9 1/2 hrs 320 LCR 48 mph only ran top end for short time felt like it was still accelerating. Driver only in boat.

Lake temp 3 deg hi. Air temp on the money under the dash. The boat is weight sensitive up to 36mph. No Spray off the boat. at 35 off. Boat is very good in choppy water. Handling is outstanding. this boat is a blast to drive. Yahoo.gif

Can you Tune the weight sensitive wake with the Ruder and rudder tab? Never had one of these. Dontknow.gif

9 1/2 hrs 320 LCR 48 mph only ran top end for short time felt like it was still accelerating. Driver only in boat.

Lake temp 3 deg hi. Air temp on the money under the dash. The boat is weight sensitive up to 36mph. No Spray off the boat. at 35 off. Boat is very good in choppy water. Handling is outstanding. this boat is a blast to drive. Yahoo.gif

Can you Tune the weight sensitive wake with the Ruder and rudder tab? Never had one of these. Dontknow.gif

The tab shouldn't have any effect on the wake, it's just to increase or decrease the amount of steering resistance. It's personal preference - some people like a lot, some not as much.

Hi All,

I'll try to answer the questions as best I can. I need to say up front our boat has the 320 LCR and we are social slalom skiers, skiing around 32 to 34 mph and don't run the course and therefore I can't give you the quality of information & feedback that many on this site can. However, at longer line lengths my impression is that the edge of the wake is smaller and softer on the lip than our old RLxi. The wake is better at shorter line lengths than the old boat (note: I don't know the technical slalom skiers terminology) as there is not as much of a trough on either side of the wake when you run through the end of the prop churn spray (rooster tail). Our experience from footing at around 42 mph is that the prop churn is rougher & higher as the prop churn spray (rooster tail) is further back from this boat than the old boat at the same speed. We have had to extend our rope length by a metre (3 feet) to get a satisfactory point to wake cross.

We don't like the side netting replacement chrome bars as everything you store there seems to find its way out onto the floor. We are using the ski locker in the floor at the front for storage a lot more than the old boat. We think the rear ski locker is bigger than the old boat as it fits 3 skis a lot more easily. We would prefer the drivers seat to be 2 inches higher off the floor and consequently use the booster quite often. We will probably do this mod ourselves with four stainless spacers and longer seat bolts.

Don't misinterpret my message we are very happy Clap.gifClap.gif with the look, performance and most of the changes to the old model, we could just make it better for us with a few minor changes. I guess perfection for every owner is very very hard to produce.

I would be interested to hear other user reports now the ice is melting over your way.

Hi All,

I'll try to answer the questions as best I can. I need to say up front our boat has the 320 LCR and we are social slalom skiers, skiing around 32 to 34 mph and don't run the course and therefore I can't give you the quality of information & feedback that many on this site can. However, at longer line lengths my impression is that the edge of the wake is smaller and softer on the lip than our old RLxi. The wake is better at shorter line lengths than the old boat (note: I don't know the technical slalom skiers terminology) as there is not as much of a trough on either side of the wake when you run through the end of the prop churn spray (rooster tail). Our experience from footing at around 42 mph is that the prop churn is rougher & higher as the prop churn spray (rooster tail) is further back from this boat than the old boat at the same speed. We have had to extend our rope length by a metre (3 feet) to get a satisfactory point to wake cross.

We don't like the side netting replacement chrome bars as everything you store there seems to find its way out onto the floor. We are using the ski locker in the floor at the front for storage a lot more than the old boat. We think the rear ski locker is bigger than the old boat as it fits 3 skis a lot more easily. We would prefer the drivers seat to be 2 inches higher off the floor and consequently use the booster quite often. We will probably do this mod ourselves with four stainless spacers and longer seat bolts.

Don't misinterpret my message we are very happy Clap.gifClap.gif with the look, performance and most of the changes to the old model, we could just make it better for us with a few minor changes. I guess perfection for every owner is very very hard to produce.

I would be interested to hear other user reports now the ice is melting over your way.

I had the driver's seat raised 1" on the back two bolts.

The seat was reclined too far for me as delivered from Malibu.

Raising the seat back/tilting it forward has helped a lot.

If I did it again, I would tilt AND raise it as you suggest, as we are using the booster more than before also

Also:

I moved the battery to the rear of the storage area (towards the bow of the boat) giving MUCH more room for towels, etc.

I added another cup holder in front of the one provided by the driver's seat.

All being said, this is a great boat.

Gotta call BS on the top end speed...grab a gps for the next high speed run and you're result will be a tad diff't

Edited by edwin

I also raised the seat height in my closed bow response using stainless steel washers. After sitting in the new Rlxi also thought it was ridicously low. I plan to also raise it the same way.

I sat in the new vtx with the swivel seats, (which are a lot higher) and it gave great visibilty. I am disappointed malibu didn't make it the same seat height.

I also raised the seat height in my closed bow response using stainless steel washers. After sitting in the new Rlxi also thought it was ridicously low. I plan to also raise it the same way.

I sat in the new vtx with the swivel seats, (which are a lot higher) and it gave great visibilty. I am disappointed malibu didn't make it the same seat height.

I agree

I think you would have to TRY HARD to get water over the bow with this boat.

well i know i have a completly dfiferent boat, but i was out surfin last weekend and my pops was driving and he did not stop before he turned around and then stoped after turning around and took a huge roler over the bow, to me it seem easy to do on the wakesetter, but as i said it is a completly different boat. Biggrin.gif

Edited by Mike d Wakeboarder

Help! How do I stay positive about this boat. Mine is due in two months and I cannot help but be dissappointed with all the reports.

I love malibus! This will be my third, but I cannot warm to it.

Questionable windscreens, silly closing mechanisms, mirror mount from 10 years ago. (I have ordered the titan 3 so I have somewhere to mount it)! Side pockets that don't hold anything, seats that have to be used with the booster (why not make it the correct height to start with), Looks that you have to get "used to". Or at least have a play with the interior on ispec. (not possible for last 6 months).

For a new improved model it sure leaves a lot to be desired. I am not a negative person, just hoping I will get my big grin back the same way I did when I pulled into the driveway with the first one.

Thought the SV23 hull was great. SV23 diamond was sensational. Come on SV23 cut diamond. Blow me away!!!!

Help! How do I stay positive about this boat. Mine is due in two months and I cannot help but be dissappointed with all the reports.

Questionable windscreens, silly closing mechanisms, mirror mount from 10 years ago. (I have ordered the titan 3 so I have somewhere to mount it)! Side pockets that don't hold anything, seats that have to be used with the booster (why not make it the correct height to start with), Looks that you have to get "used to". Or at least have a play with the interior on ispec. (not possible for last 6 months).

For a new improved model it sure leaves a lot to be desired. I am not a negative person, just hoping I will get my big grin back the same way I did when I pulled into the driveway with the first one.

Thought the SV23 hull was great. SV23 diamond was sensational. Come on SV23 cut diamond. Blow me away!!!!

Relax, my 2007 LXi is fantastic, your's will be too!

There are many exceptional features on this boat. The windshield is beautiful and functional, closing mechanism works fine, side pockets are now great, the seat may be a little low for a short person, but these are picky things written by us sitting behind a computer instead of on the water!

Seat too low? Good reason to install our swivel seat plate. Raises the seat about 1" from stock, and gives you the swivel.

Missing the old style netting? Order the 4 panels and install them yourself. $180 plus shipping.

Oh yeah, we got the answers. lol....

Peter :)

Seat too low? Oh yeah, we got the answers. lol....

Oh, the swivel plate. For a minute there I thought you were going to say that you could make me taller. . .

Biggrin.gif

Seat too low? Good reason to install our swivel seat plate. Raises the seat about 1" from stock, and gives you the swivel.

Missing the old style netting? Order the 4 panels and install them yourself. $180 plus shipping.

Peter -

What are these 4 panels that you speak of? And what happens to the rails?

I test drove this boat, and it was an amazing machine. If you can't "stay positive to it" because its has a few trim issues that are fixable and that are really just a matter of personal preference, then you may be missing the forest for the trees. My saliva would be running to take delivery of one of these boats. Just my .02 cents.

Edited by jjackkrash

Peter -

What are these 4 panels that you speak of? And what happens to the rails?

Take a look at the under gunnel (side storage) netting in a 2005/2006 RLXi. I'll try to post some photos, but simply unscrew the stainless side rails, give them to your daughter to hang barbie doll clothes on, and install the netting that is functional.

Peter. :)