Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 VLX, odd vibration, computer calibration off?

Just brought home our new 2007 VLX. First time in the water, great! Second time, had a problem. After about 10 minutes, a strange vibration started throughout the boat, could even feel it in the steering wheel, throttle, etc. Stopped, started again, vibration still there. Took it into the shop. First they could not find anything. They put it in the water and it vibrated, etc. They concluded that "the Computer had lost it's calibration". Fixed it they thought. Next time in the water, great no problem. Next time about 30 minutes in vibration again. Stopped, started again, no more vibration....worked for hours. Next time in the water, fine for a while, then vibration, stopped, started again, no vibration.

Any ideas?

....when it's not having this problem, it's FANTASTIC.... bit of a bummer though to have this intermittent problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

OK this will sound odd try another battery. It could very well be plates in the battery grounding out causing a miss. I have had new batterys do tihs and it can be a pain in the a-- to find. It can be very intermittent. And even more formidable to figure out. Dontknow.gifCry.gif

OK this will sound odd try another battery. It could very well be plates in the battery grounding out causing a miss. I have had new batterys do tihs and it can be a pain in the a-- to find. It can be very intermittent. And even more formidable to figure out. Dontknow.gifCry.gif

Wow, that's a new one. I guess I can see the possibility there, but never heard of such a thing.

OK this will sound odd try another battery.

If this could cause the problem, then perhaps checking the connections at the battery and elsewhere would also be a good idea.