Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Air and Lake Temp Gauges

FL Long Ball

I have an 07 RLXI and I had it out this morning to calibrate my PP and grab a quick set. I noticed that the Lake and Air Temp gauges are way off. Air temp was reading 72 F, but it was not more than about 61 F and the water was reading 81 F, and there is no way that it more than about 71 F. Does anyone know if these can be calibrated or is there something else that I should be doing? Thanks

That sounds like it's going to be a computer recalibration. Might have to call the dealer on this one unless someone else might have some inside info. Also, and I checked both refrence material already, clarify if your 'PP' is a Perfect Pass or Precision Pro so as to prevent any confusion. Let us know what happens.

That sounds like it's going to be a computer recalibration. Might have to call the dealer on this one unless someone else might have some inside info. Also, and I checked both refrence material already, clarify if your 'PP' is a Perfect Pass or Precision Pro so as to prevent any confusion. Let us know what happens.

Perfect Pass

FL - These gauges will always be a little higher than what is in your car or a thermometer. The air sensor is under the dash and sunshine warms it considerably. The water sensor is in the paddle wheel and takes only a surface temp. I hope you like your boat, I love mine.

Thanks again for the tower and CZ help.

Dwayne

• 1 month later...

I just talked to my dealer about this. The air temp sensor is a flat, round piece of plastic about this size of a silver dollar with two mounting holes and a hump where the termosensor is encased. It was tucked way up under the dash where it gets quite warm. I pulled it down and attached it to the back of the stereo remote near the driver's right knee. It is still shade, but hopefully in an area where there is more air circulation. We'll see how that works next time I'm out.

The lake temp sensor is embedded in the speed sensor paddle wheel thru-hull. It will be picking up the temp near the water surface. Not much you can do about that. As the engine warms up, the engine heat also causes the temp reading to rise as the inside of the thru-hull gets warm. (I verified this by blowing on it with a hair dryer.) So, I've stuffed some insulation around the inside of the thru-hull. We'll see if that helps too.