Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing windshield

Chef23

I just pulled my winter cover off the boat and the left windshield is shattered. I assume some snow slid off the house at some point. I assume it needs to go back to the dealer for replacement. Do you know if I can get the glass and have a local place do it.

Thanks

So I just called my dealer and it is $580 for the glass plus installation. On top of that it will take 10 days or so to get the glass here and I need to trailer the boat to the dealer which is a bit of a ride. There goes my new trick ski :(

That sucks.

I had the flip window in my boat get shattered while towing. It really made a mess for me to vacuum up all the glass. It made me think that maybe I should get the insides of the glass covered with a clear tint just to keep all the glass together.

Luckily, I was just going to a party. If I were on my way to the lake for the weekend, it would have been a real problem.

Luckily, I was just going to a party. If I were on my way to the lake for the weekend, it would have been a real problem.

Wait, you take your boat with you to parties? Dontknow.gif

Biggrin.gif

Hi i have just fitted a new windscreen in our 2002 responce, after someone broke the passengers side sreen and not admitted to the crime. I think that they must have known how much they cost £750 or 1500 dollars. our dealer told us that malibu only sell the whole screen and not just the bit you need!! So i have spairs for this season !!

Hi i have just fitted a new windscreen in our 2002 responce, after someone broke the passengers side sreen and not admitted to the crime. I think that they must have known how much they cost £750 or 1500 dollars. our dealer told us that malibu only sell the whole screen and not just the bit you need!! So i have spairs for this season !!

My Malibu dealer said they could get only the piece I need. $580 and it should be here in about 10 days.

Yep replacing a broken windshield is not fun with the glass all over the place and the expense. I had someone shoot out mine last summer with a shotgun as i was getting into the boat. Talk about a surprise from hell!!! Anyways no one was hurt thank God but the insurance took care of it with a $500 deductible and the grand total for the whole windshield which is the newer style one piece was $3200 Cry.gif But it looks great now until something else comes up.

My Malibu dealer said they could get only the piece I need. $580 and it should be here in about 10 days.

Yep replacing a broken windshield is not fun with the glass all over the place and the expense. I had someone shoot out mine last summer with a shotgun as i was getting into the boat. Talk about a surprise from hell!!! Anyways no one was hurt thank God but the insurance took care of it with a $500 deductible and the grand total for the whole windshield which is the newer style one piece was $3200 Cry.gif But it looks great now until something else comes up.

What had you done to make them shoot at you like that?

I feel your pain!

I had to replace the windshield in my '98 VLX last year. Sourcing the part was a pain since noone had it in stock; Taylor-Made had to do a special one-off for me.

All said, the replacement was $2400 + tax, good thing for insurance.

I do not know about the Malibu windshields, but my Mastercraft Prostar 205 windshield was broken by me doing something DUMB... (And actually Alchohol was not involved..... ) After getting sticker shock from my dealer.... The window was made by Taylor Made.... and I ordered a new one directly.....they even sent me a new frame piece that was damaged when the window got broken.... It was not too too bad I can't remember for sure, I want to say about 200-250..... But it was 1/2 of what my dealer wanted to charge me!!!!! I hope that helps.... replacing it was pretty easy, it just took patience to get the gaskets on straight.....

We did absolutely nothing. I actually took my college group from church camping that weekend and we all started to get in the 'bu and what do yah know "BLAST". The whole thing could not have been preventive. I believe it was someone that may have been jealous of what I had and they figured what the heck let's make this guy miserable. Dontknow.gif

What had you done to make them shoot at you like that?