Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Converting the swim deck

Liquidroam

Since we are on the subject, can somebody help me with the products and steps needed for me to care for the teak on my recently aquired used Malibu? Brand of cleaner and oil that work best? Process?--do you sand or use steel wool? What grit? How many coats? How long to dry in between? It looks faded, and I'd like to bring it back to the "new look". Dontknow.gif

Use a teak cleaner, then teak brightener. Follow manufacturer's instructions. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry completely. Follow with teak oil (I use Amazon Gold), rub in with rag or use a brush for application. Let it sit for awhile, then wipe off excess. If you're having fun, let is sit for a day or two, then oil it again. :)

whatever you do, don't spell Malibu like you did in your drawing, or your friends will never let you forget it.

Exactly what I was just thinking.

Personally, I think your idea is not a bad one necessarily. If I was voting here, I'd say go with a series of smaller ones instead of the 3 bulky mats. It seems like that would be more true to the integrity of a teak deck. Anything more & you might as well get a fiberglass platform. My opinion.

BTW, I'd love to see the CAD drawings!

Edited by shannoook

I like your idea of combining the teak with the rubber. You might have created something for next years model line.

I'd go with the routing for the rubber inserts in each teak slat. More work but I think the look would be very unusual and practical. I came across this web site for yacht decking. Not quite what you are looking for but maybe it would give you some idea for non slip inserts. Good luck and let us see some pics when its done.