Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tube Repair Question

bound4er

I have a Big Mable tube that has a slow leak in it. I am looking for repair suggestions. My past experiences with patches that come with tubes have not been good. Thanks in advance.

Dave

take a knife and put as big a hole in it as possible, then let it sink to the bottom....

sorry, just couldn't resist......

look at West Marine, they have some more heavy duty kits.

Buy a HD repair kit and follow directions. Be sure and inflate that tube before you patch it to try and get the area around the patch stretched out enough so that when you fully inflate it with the new patch it will hold.

take a knife and put as big a hole in it as possible, then let it sink to the bottom....

sorry, just couldn't resist......

look at West Marine, they have some more heavy duty kits.

Plus1.gif That is the exact same repair that I was going to suggest, works everytime!

I had a feeling I would get some comments like this - I hate 'em too but my kids and their friends sure like them.

Thanks for the advice.

Dave