Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bindings Not Comming off my feet in cold weather

thealy

So I was skiing this weekend and the water is about 40deg. It took me about 5 minutes to get out of my dual boot CDX Animal Bindings (the ones without the laces). In the summer the bindings are almost too loose but in the cold, it is miserable to take these things off and sitting in 40deg water (even with a dry suit) trying to get these things off is just not much fun and potentially dangerous. I am using binding slime. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yes, use dish washing soap--dawn, palmolive, et al., cut with water 25-50% (more water in colder temps). I've tried the binding slime and found it does not help with releasing the ski at the end of a run, particularly in cold water. The soap seems to leave just enough lube to get out as your toes go numb. :) The other consideration, at least for me, is whether or not the ski would pop off in the event of a fall. With the slime, I'm not sure that it would and I like my ankles and knees facing the way they are.

You know, I bet that is the difference. Last year I did use Joy early in the season becuase my slime was left in a different boat. I think I will go back to that for the next month.

Thanks!

-Tom

The cold weather does not give our boots the elasticity which they have during the warmer months. I have the same problem. Get back on the swim platform and either shoot the hot water shower on it or put some Slime (BOOT JUICE) down it or like he said water down "Dawn" ...END YOUR SESSION WITH A FACEPLANT... Just kidding

The cold weather does not give our boots the elasticity which they have during the warmer months. I have the same problem. Get back on the swim platform and either shoot the hot water shower on it or put some Slime (BOOT JUICE) down it or like he said water down "Dawn" ...END YOUR SESSION WITH A FACEPLANT... Just kidding

You would think this does damage to binding... but we put a very small about of petroleum jelly on our feet before put the board on. Those were hyperlites 30/60s. Now I have LF transits and would never do that nor need to.

The cold weather does not give our boots the elasticity which they have during the warmer months...
The cold weather does not give our boots the elasticity which they have during the warmer months...
Crazy.gif We heard you the first two times. :lol:

The obvious solution is to only go in warm weather. Biggrin.gif

Do you have a hot water shower? If so, you could spray them before and after use to ease the feet in and out.

Yes, use dish washing soap--dawn, palmolive, et al., cut with water 25-50% (more water in colder temps). I've tried the binding slime and found it does not help with releasing the ski at the end of a run, particularly in cold water. The soap seems to leave just enough lube to get out as your toes go numb. :) The other consideration, at least for me, is whether or not the ski would pop off in the event of a fall. With the slime, I'm not sure that it would and I like my ankles and knees facing the way they are.

I agree!!!! I don't even mix it with any water, I just put warm water in the boot first!!! I have been doing this since 1987 with out any issues. Just be sure to only use when it is cold and also use regular dish soap. Also, they say,,,,,none with "de-Greasers" in it. That "may" degrade the bindings quicker.