Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

surfing

ricnvic

How hard is the wedge and all the extra weight that we put in the boat, on the motor and boat on the whole? I know that when we are surfing we are at about 3500 RPM's and going 9 MPH, you can feel it theu the steering wheel when turning.

In short are our boats designed for this and will they handle it without serious problems later?

I'm not sure if our boats had surfing as part of the design but with all the surfing the Texas guys and my self have done with all the extra weight we have not had any problems. I also think surfing would be easier on the eng because we are not hammering it off the line but more of rolling into it.

I agree. The boat / engine only knows how hard it's being hammered out of the gate and what the tach reads.

If' you're slowly pulling something and only at 3500 RPM, I'd think the 'load' would be less long term = better for the boat.

It's not the engine that gets hammered it's the tranny. Tankering all that bagged water and draggin that wedge works the transmission overtime. But it sure is fun! Thumbup.gif

Ah... Don't worry about, I'm sure we'll all sell our boats for new ones before the tranny or engine falls apart from surfin'. JK... Make sure change your fluids at the perscribed enterval.

Oh yhea... Thanks for look out for my trailer at Oroville two weeks ago. I pulled the wheel off the next day and the plug was lose on that hub. So my son and I just drained and serviced all four hubs in 1 hour. Now they are G2G.

Jeff pointed you guys out on the shoreline working on the houseboat that weekend, how's the project coming along?

Ah... Don't worry about, I'm sure we'll all sell our boats for new ones before the tranny or engine falls apart from surfin'. JK... Make sure change your fluids at the perscribed enterval.

Oh yhea... Thanks for look out for my trailer at Oroville two weeks ago. I pulled the wheel off the next day and the plug was lose on that hub. So my son and I just drained and serviced all four hubs in 1 hour. Now they are G2G.

Jeff pointed you guys out on the shoreline working on the houseboat that weekend, how's the project coming along?

No problem about the heads up on the hubs, the malibucrew stickers help. As for the houseboat, it is more work than I thought at first but just like remodeling a house you pull up something and find another thing that needs fixing. Overall it will be nice when we are done, the inside is first and then the outside, My wife wants me to hurry and get the outside done cause she says it looks like a floating garage.

Stop by the next time you are up at the lake Im always in bullfrog, it's close to the parking lot and I have made a hundred trips up and down that hill. Cry.gif