Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A Wedge Designed for Surfing

Romi

A friend of mine and I were talking about a wedge designed for surfing. We thought it would be great that a wedge would put more force on one end of the boat and then flip it. We hated it took so long to flip the 750 bag for goofy vs. regular. Wonder if Malibu has thought of this or put research in to it.

Well that's your problem right there, switching to goofy. Ballast should only be placed on the regular side, didn't you read your surfing manual?

why not add a set of trim tabs to the boat. then you could tab down only the side opposite of where you wanted to surf. its the same concept of what tabs are used for on offshore boats when heading into cross-waves or having an unevenly distributed load (read as fat passengers).

I still prefer the Garslayer's Jenny Craig models on board - just tell them where to be - VAB voice activated ballast.

Plus they usually come with beverages and snacks.

I still prefer the Garslayer's Jenny Craig models on board - just tell them where to be - VAB voice activated ballast.

Plus they usually come with beverages and snacks.

Or, they eat/drink all of the beveragages and snacks that YOU brought. Mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like it's time to put 2 wedges on each boat. :) Both down for boarding, either down for surfing.

OK someone with lots of time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ needs to try this

Can you imagin the wake for wakeboarding with both wedges down.

OK someone with lots of time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ needs to try this

Can you imagin the wake for wakeboarding with both wedges down.

:unsure: It woudln't be very good. These boats like bow weight, the last thing they need is more stern displacement....

The company that developed the Switch Blade hydrofoil for Centurion has a surf version on the drawing board. The blade can be tilted somewhere of 45 degrees to the right and left. This pulls the boat down on the surf side creating a monster wake. The tester claimed no extra weight was needed for surfing as the boat was already sucked down. If the wedge had another pin system to tilt it right and left I would imagine the Bu's would become the new Enzos for surfing.

Thanks,

Spencer

Switch Blade Wake

But really the wedge is only a part of the overall wake build.

Probably not even the most importatnt part - which would be ballast and where the ballast is placed

But really the wedge is only a part of the overall wake build.

Probably not even the most importatnt part - which would be ballast and where the ballast is placed

Exactly. The claim that no extra weight is needed is probably just advertising jargon. Basically it would be like taking all of your weight & stacking it on the back corner of the boat - not something that many people that know what they're doing & how to build a wave do. ICBW of course, but I'll believe that one when I see it with my own eyes.