Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do you pull the floor over the center tank?

What are you trying to do??

You can lift the floor over the fuel tank by extracting the screws. If for some reason your trying to take the center tank out, you'd probably have to remove the fuel tank first.

The tank is leaking from the fill port I am guessing. I thought if it was easy enough I would check it out. I have decided to just take it in to the dealer. Thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...

You can lift the floor over the fuel tank by extracting the screws. If for some reason your trying to take the center tank out, you'd probably have to remove the fuel tank first.

Today, I notice a little "softness" right at the junction of where the rear floor plate attaches with the two screws -- I'm assuming this is a "removable" pannel (this pannel also contains the table socket). Question -- either it has slid of a bracket or brace or the construction of this removable pannel is breaking down -- right side (1-2' from the screw). How do you pull it up to remove and inspect? (I took the two screws out but could get the pannel to budge?).

I appreciate what experience you might have -- tomorrow is fireworks night and I'll have 10 souls on board -- I'd hate to make it worse...).

Regards, Olive.

The leading edge of the panel (where the screws were) is lifted straight up just high enough to clear the floor in front of it, and then slide the whole panel toward the bow of the boat.

The leading edge of the panel (where the screws were) is lifted straight up just high enough to clear the floor in front of it, and then slide the whole panel toward the bow of the boat.

It will be my "Sunday" project -- any idea what the construction material of the "gas tank" pannel is? Is it Aluminum? or is it a Fiberglass sheet -- I'm thinking ahead that it might need reinforcements or, I need to build an ledge for it to sit on.... thanks!

Today, I notice a little "softness" right at the junction of where the rear floor plate attaches with the two screws -- I'm assuming this is a "removable" pannel (this pannel also contains the table socket). Question -- either it has slid of a bracket or brace or the construction of this removable pannel is breaking down -- right side (1-2' from the screw). How do you pull it up to remove and inspect? (I took the two screws out but could get the pannel to budge?).

I appreciate what experience you might have -- tomorrow is fireworks night and I'll have 10 souls on board -- I'd hate to make it worse...).

Regards, Olive.

Went to my dealer today (Skier's Pier in MI) they have be great to deal with and understand the Malibu product line -- but when I inquired about the pannel -- they said the only option was replacement. Honest, I can understand if I jumped down from the dock holding a battery or two -- but a structural pannel should not weaken to the point of "softness".

I'm beyond my 3 yr warrant as this is an 04 VLX -- but I can't understand why this honeycombed al plate failed. I may seek support from Malibu, but has anybody else had an issue with this floor?

I work for GM and I liken it to my floorboards softening (read failure) after 36 months. We would recall and warranty wouldn't be an issue -- it will be interesting to see how accomodating Malibu is with this issue -- some history would help. Let me know.

Regards, Olive