Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hello all...

VLXRonnie

I just wanted to say what's up to everyone on TMC. I'm a proud new owner of an '06 Malibu VLX WS (purchased new July '06). It is my first boat and I love it! I have been frequenting TMC site for quite sometime now and just figured I should finally start posting to the forum. Even though I have not actually posted to the forum, I have benefited from everybody's knowledge and experience by reading through all the posts. Thumbup.gif for a great site.

I just wanted to say what's up to everyone on TMC. I'm a proud new owner of an '06 Malibu VLX WS (purchased new July '06). It is my first boat and I love it! I have been frequenting TMC site for quite sometime now and just figured I should finally start posting to the forum. Even though I have not actually posted to the forum, I have benefited from everybody's knowledge and experience by reading through all the posts. Thumbup.gif for a great site.

Welcome.gif To the site and congratulations on your new ride!

Hi Ronnie! Wecome!! Biggrin.gif

We're having a Crew 'Fiesta' on 5/5 if you'd like to join us. It'd be a great chance to meet some local crew and hang out. The boat is obviously welcome too!

Congrats on the boat & Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. I have been following the forums on all the TMC gatherings looks like I might be able to make it to the NORCAL WOW in Lake Orville Biggrin.gif . Do you guys think there is still some boat in camping site left :unsure: ? As for the Memorial Day bash and the Fiesta on the lake, it looks like I have that dam work thing to do Cry.gif . It seem like work is always getting in the way of my leisure time...

On another note, I will be up at Bullards Bar for the week of July 4th. Anyone on the crew going to be up there? Beer.gif

Welcome, I have found this forum to be my home for the past 2 weeks. Well in a matter of speaking, I've been on as much as possible to learn from all the pro's on here. It's time and I'm really behind schedule on my projects.

Nice boat by the way Thumbup.gif

Welcome, I have found this forum to be my home for the past 2 weeks. Well in a matter of speaking, I've been on as much as possible to learn from all the pro's on here. It's time and I'm really behind schedule on my projects.

Thanks Rockon.gif Your boat is not to shabby either.

Funny that you spent a lot of time on the site, I find myself reading and reading the forums; over and over again to learn myself.

Funny that you spent a lot of time on the site, I find myself reading and reading the forums; over and over again to learn myself.

Welcome to the site!

That won't change. I don't post much, but have been a member for a long, long time and still spend a good protion of my day reading and learning from these great bunch of guys and gals.

--Robert

Edited by notoutenough
On another note, I will be up at Bullards Bar for the week of July 4th. Anyone on the crew going to be up there?
Won't be there on the 4th but we do go there quite a bit. Bullard's rocks Rockon.gif well, except for that piranha infestation. Whistling.gif

On the 4th of July if you want to drive about 45 minutes from Bullard's to watch an awesome fireworks display...I live in Lake Wildwood and we always watch from the boats (we do a big tie-up with a bunch of boats). Lake Wildwood does their own fireworks display over the water. Thumbup.gif Anybody else that wants to come up is welcome as well. :) It being on a Wednesday sux though.

Welcome to the site!

That won't change. I don't post much, but have been a member for a long, long time and still spend a good protion of my day reading and learning from these great bunch of guys and gals.

--Robert

Welcome.gif All and just remember no matter how little or how much you post, we ALL make this site a great place to learn, interact and make new friends.

Welcome to the site. Where in NORCAL do you live?

Bullards is nice, but over populated now on walley weekends. Don't get me wrong, it is a great place to camp; and I camp ther seveal times a year... 5-6 years ago it was the best hidden secret.

On another note, I will be up at Bullards Bar for the week of July 4th. Anyone on the crew going to be up there?
Won't be there on the 4th but we do go there quite a bit. Bullard's rocks Rockon.gif well, except for that piranha infestation. Whistling.gif

On the 4th of July if you want to drive about 45 minutes from Bullard's to watch an awesome fireworks display...I live in Lake Wildwood and we always watch from the boats (we do a big tie-up with a bunch of boats). Lake Wildwood does their own fireworks display over the water. Thumbup.gif Anybody else that wants to come up is welcome as well. :) It being on a Wednesday sux though.

Watching from the water sounds great Thumbup.gif , but I dont have any lights on my Bu. Do I need lights? I am in the process of contacting Jeremiah for the HID lights. I here they are pretty good and any help I could give to my bro, the better. As for that piranha thing, we'll have to keep that from my CFO. Whistling.gif

Bullards is nice, but over populated now on walley weekends. Don't get me wrong, it is a great place to camp; and I camp ther seveal times a year... 5-6 years ago it was the best hidden secret.

For the moment I live in Plumas Lake. Been there for about two years. I am in the process of moving to Benicia though; new job-in-all. As far a Bullards Bar; I definitely agree, its a great place to camp. We will be camping at the Madrone boat-in site. For the over populated weekends I haven't experienced that yet. Secrets usually are never a secret for long. Cry.gif

Watching from the water sounds great Thumbup.gif , but I dont have any lights on my Bu. Do I need lights? I am in the process of contacting Jeremiah for the HID lights. I here they are pretty good and any help I could give to my bro, the better. As for that piranha thing, we'll have to keep that from my CFO. Whistling.gif
I use a handheld spotlight. Works fine. Thumbup.gif As far as needing them for watching fireworks...not only would you not need lights, you would not even need your boat...Lake Wildwood is a private lake. But you could jump on with us. :) Don't worry about the Bullard's piranha...they don't attack people with Malibu's. :lol:
As far a Bullards Bar; I definitely agree, its a great place to camp. We will be camping at the Madrone boat-in site.
We do the shoreline camping thing. Yes.gif I like to be < 10 steps from the water. Man, I can't wait for warmer weather.
For the over populated weekends I haven't experienced that yet. Secrets usually are never a secret for long. Cry.gif
Especially when WaterSki magazine does articles entitled "Top Ten Secret Spots"... Mad.gif ...and exposes your secret spot to every Wally in the world. Bash.gif
Thanks for the welcome. I have been following the forums on all the TMC gatherings looks like I might be able to make it to the NORCAL WOW in Lake Orville Biggrin.gif . Do you guys think there is still some boat in camping site left :unsure: ? As for the Memorial Day bash and the Fiesta on the lake, it looks like I have that dam work thing to do Cry.gif . It seem like work is always getting in the way of my leisure time...

On another note, I will be up at Bullards Bar for the week of July 4th. Anyone on the crew going to be up there? Beer.gif

Just be careful about Plumas Lakes due the potential of flooding, part of the development isn’t the mandatory 1 ft above flood stage. You’re so close to some great lakes living there though Benicia isn’t too far from them either.

For WOW at Oroville we do still have availability for the boat in camping, just let me know for sure and I’ll add you to the list. BTW they do have a July 4th fireworks adjacent to the dam as they light them off a floating barge, it’s a sight to see.

Watching from the water sounds great Thumbup.gif , but I dont have any lights on my Bu. Do I need lights? I am in the process of contacting Jeremiah for the HID lights. I here they are pretty good and any help I could give to my bro, the better. As for that piranha thing, we'll have to keep that from my CFO. :

For the moment I live in Plumas Lake. Been there for about two years. I am in the process of moving to Benicia though; new job-in-all. As far a Bullards Bar; I definitely agree, its a great place to camp. We will be camping at the Madrone boat-in site. For the over populated weekends I haven't experienced that yet. Secrets usually are never a secret for long.

I wouldn’t recommend tower lights as they are prohibited in Cali as is night riding. I’d just use a portable hand held one instead.

I use a handheld spotlight. Works fine. Thumbup.gif As far as needing them for watching fireworks...not only would you not need lights, you would not even need your boat...Lake Wildwood is a private lake. But you could jump on with us. :) Don't worry about the Bullard's piranha...they don't attack people with Malibu's. :lol:

We do the shoreline camping thing. Yes.gif I like to be < 10 steps from the water. Man, I can't wait for warmer weather.

The handheld spotlight sounds great. Biggrin.gif I cant wait for warmer weather either but, mostly I want warmer water. 60 degree water causes shrinkage. Innocent.gif

Just be careful about Plumas Lakes due the potential of flooding, part of the development isn’t the mandatory 1 ft above flood stage. You’re so close to some great lakes living there though Benicia isn’t too far from them either.

The flooding was a huge concern for us as well. What persuaded us was the developer has to pay for our flood insurance until the Army Core of Engineers retros the levees. That wont alleviate the all the hysteria is there is actually a flood, but at least we have some peace of mind for our home and belongings.

For WOW at Oroville we do still have availability for the boat in camping, just let me know for sure and I’ll add you to the list. BTW they do have a July 4th fireworks adjacent to the dam as they light them off a floating barge, it’s a sight to see.

I need to check with the CFO first. Would you suggest a PM to reserve a spot?

I wouldn’t recommend tower lights as they are prohibited in Cali as is night riding. I’d just use a portable hand held one instead.

I mainly want tower lights to add bling-bling to the tower :blush: and to use in the event that we get caught out after the sun leaves us. We tried to retrieve our Bu one time, due to the havoc at the dock, we had to due it in the dark. Can you say "use the force young Jedi." Starwars.gif Luckily the force was strong for my CFO that night....

I mainly want tower lights...use in the event that we get caught out after the sun leaves us. We tried to retrieve our Bu one time, due to the havoc at the dock, we had to due it in the dark. Can you say "use the force young Jedi." Starwars.gif Luckily the force was strong for my CFO that night....
A $20 set of walmart driving lights mounted under your rear bumper (one one each side of the hitch) works great for loading in the dark. And it's cheap. :)
A $20 set of walmart driving lights mounted under your rear bumper (one one each side of the hitch) works great for loading in the dark. And it's cheap. :)

Thats a good idea. I will check them out.

Thanks

Thanks

Cheapo Set of Wal-Mart Driving Lights - $14

Extra Wire and Toggle Switch - $6

Being able to see your trailer when loading after dark - Priceless. Yes.gif

post-45-1177094931_thumb.jpg

Thumbup.gif

Thanks

Thumbup.gif

Looks good NorCal...Thanks! Looks like I will be shopping in Walmart in the near future. Thumbup.gif

Thanks

Thumbup.gif

I know I'll hate myself for saying this, but Nice Job NorCal...

BTW - That's an easy license plate number to remember.