Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carbon Monoxide Warning Sticker

ffdawg

I have an absolutely lovely orange, black, and red carbon monoxide warning sticker on the stern of my boat. Does anyone know if this is a required accessory or was it just applied to enhance the overall beauty of the boat? I can't seem to find anything online that mentions it specifically. My guess is that it's a requirement, but there's always hope.

Oh, and get ready cause if I'm able to remove it I might just post it as available in the "freebies" thread! You might be able to get a second one for yourself!

BTW - this is a seperate sticker from the one that is required somewhere on the interior of the boat. This one is on the exterior.

Edited by ffdawg
I have an absolutely lovely orange, black, and red carbon monoxide warning sticker on the stern of my boat. Does anyone know if this is a required accessory or was it just applied to enhance the overall beauty of the boat? I can't seem to find anything online that mentions it specifically. My guess is that it's a requirement, but there's always hope.

Oh, and get ready cause if I'm able to remove it I might just post it as available in the "freebies" thread! You might be able to get a second one for yourself!

BTW - this is a seperate sticker from the one that is required somewhere on the interior of the boat. This one is on the exterior.

If I'm not mistaken, we got one of those lovely things with our registration renewal and it said it had to be posted to the outside of the boat. We put it on the Sea-Doo, but not the boat. Those things are hideous.

HTH!

A simple product of our "I'm going to sue you" society.

The only potential problem with removing the sticker would be a subsequent owner who chokes himself or someone else on carbon monoxide.

Got my Rlxi home removed the shipping cover and removed the sticker. If it is by law then I am a outlaw. Innocent.gif Got two hrs on it today got some sun and 46deg. water at 44deg didn't try a ski

may try later this week.

Got my Rlxi home removed the shipping cover and removed the sticker. If it is by law then I am a outlaw. Innocent.gif Got two hrs on it today got some sun and 46deg. water at 44deg didn't try a ski

may try later this week.

Congrats on the new boat, im sure you have heard that a lot on here already..... it must be torture with this weather having an 07...... I have my 94 and im chomping at the bit enough.... tuesday looks like clear skies and 57 degree air here which is not far from u tho.........

I think it is like the "mattress tag". The manufacturer has to put it their. There has actually been a few deaths from co2 poisoning so it has been a new "hot topic". My boat has the new monsoon with the cats so I am not that worried and I took mine of the other day. It actually was a pain to get off FWIW.