Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

registration stickers

cjohnson8080

This is probably a stupid question but can I put black registration stickers on my black hull or do I have to use a contrasting color?

"There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people that ask questions. :)

Check your state regs. In Texas, you have to use white or a contasting color with letters of a minimum size. You probably have similar rules.

thanks for the input, I am pretty sure that they have to contrast and even if they don't I don't want to take the chance of having some bored cop stop me because he can't read my tags. Next thing you know he's giving me a ticket because my first aid kit is upside down. I just ordered the domed stickers in blue with white outline.

Thanks again for the input

thanks for the input, I am pretty sure that they have to contrast and even if they don't I don't want to take the chance of having some bored cop stop me because he can't read my tags. Next thing you know he's giving me a ticket because my first aid kit is upside down. I just ordered the domed stickers in blue with white outline.

Thanks again for the input

thats what everyone is here for. :)

From the dol.wa.gov website:

REGISTRATION NUMBER

Numbers and letters must:

Be BLOCK style

Be painted or attached to each side of the bow

Be at least 3 inches high

Have a hyphen or equivalent space between

the three segments of the number

Contrast with the color of the background

Be distinctly visible