Sign in to follow this  
ricnvic

magic eraser

ricnvic

can you use magic eraser on the vinyl intrior? I got a little scuff mark from a black soled tennis shoe and the babe's didn't take it off, is there anything that will take it off?

Sunsetter95
can you use magic eraser on the vinyl intrior?  I got a little scuff mark from a black soled tennis shoe and the babe's didn't take it off, is there anything that will take it off?

I bought a box and I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I need to get ready for our WOW at Roosevelt in AZ.

I'll put something up if I'm impressed.

stusumm

Try a little dab of Soft Scrub. That what most the dealers use.

Skiier64

I used the magic eraser on a really nasty dirty jump seat I bought on e-bay and it cleaned up very nicely. I'd give it a try.

HoustonPerson

There are some black streaks that will not come off, I have used magic eraser several times. Does not work IMO. I have had much better results with the Mequires cleaner. I have two black streaks that I will try one of those Clorox Bleach Pens, someday.

mschofield

I've had very good luck with the eraser. I've used soft scrub before but feel that it is too harsh.

Edited by mschofield

Sunsetter95
I've had very good luck with the eraser. I've used soft scrub before but feel that it is too harsh.

On really dingy areas, I would use a little SoftScrub, but for the most part, I would try some dish soap just to have a cleaning agent in with the eraser. Or maybe a non foaming soap.

eubanks

I vote for the Magic Eraser. It has done wonders for marks that many other cleaners could not remove.

mojito201

I just attended the Miami boat show and I picked up the new Wipe Out Eraser. This is the eraser I was waiting for cuz I'm tired of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser ripping apart and not lasting. The WipeOut Eraser is two time thicker and works Great on a 3M handle. When I used it on the non skid with the handle it war down evenly and lasts much longer, I'm a Huge FAN.

WipeOutEraser.com

They should give me a kickback

Bobby Light

I vote for the Magic Eraser. It has done wonders for marks that many other cleaners could not remove.

That's because it removes part of the vinyl the mark is on. I wouldn't touch my boat with one of those.

nbeihl

The key is to rub softly and do not rub to much. Also when you are done, you need to wipe the area down with a damp cloth to clean up any left over 'Mr. Clean' chemicals.

Stanley Wheelhouse

use em all the time with babes seat soap. works like a champ.

Bobby Light

The key is to rub softly and do not rub to much. Also when you are done, you need to wipe the area down with a damp cloth to clean up any left over 'Mr. Clean' chemicals.

I agree you have to rub very gently with 2500 grit sandpaper (essentially what these are).