Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flush Pro

I was thinking about getting the "Flush Pro" and the thru hull fitting for it. Are there any cons to doing this. Where on the transom would you recommend putting it, so you would not bump into it getting in and out the water or when putting on a wake board. I have no trouble drilling a hole in the boat, I installed perfect pass and a ballast system. Thanks for the help.

I had one on my old boat, and I really didn't use it very often. I'm not a big fan of the Flush-Pro device as I've seen two of them fail. I now use the fake a lake, which is just a bit more trouble to hook up.

On your install, make sure the location doesn't interfere with removing the platform. Mine was a factory install, and the space was still a bit tight around the fitting taking the platform off and on.

i have the factory installed flush pro on the transom and i do not think that it is in the way. it is mounted on the bottom right side of the transome about 5-6 inches above the swim platform. Biggrin.gif

I was thinking about getting the "Flush Pro" and the thru hull fitting for it. Are there any cons to doing this. Where on the transom would you recommend putting it, so you would not bump into it getting in and out the water or when putting on a wake board. I have no trouble drilling a hole in the boat, I installed perfect pass and a ballast system. Thanks for the help.

I have the fake a lake, I haven't heard of this one :unsure:

It's a fitting on the transom that allows you to hook up a hose and run the boat while on the trailer. Obviously, without climbing into the boat and attaching to a fitting near the raw water inlet line. Factory option.

• 1 month later...

I've got a flush pro installed in the inlet hose in the engine compartment, not a big deal to use, other than the hose goo that I have to wipe off the gunnel when I'm done draping a hose over it. I've never seen a through-hull on a DD, I'd assume it could be tough to route a hose from the transom under the floor to the engine.

anyhoo, I have it and really like it. Beats the heck out of the fake a lake hassle I used to use, and 100% of the water from the hose gets into the engine with a flush pro. I hope mine never fails, but I'm always out there with it when it's running on the trailer listening for the water splashing out the back.

Definitely add the thru-hull, imo. For the $20-$30 it will cost for parts, you'll be glad you did. It's not hard to route the hose in a DD. Just be sure to locate the fitting where it won't interfere with platform removal or your cover.

I've got a flush pro installed in the inlet hose in the engine compartment, not a big deal to use, other than the hose goo that I have to wipe off the gunnel when I'm done draping a hose over it. I've never seen a through-hull on a DD, I'd assume it could be tough to route a hose from the transom under the floor to the engine.

anyhoo, I have it and really like it. Beats the heck out of the fake a lake hassle I used to use, and 100% of the water from the hose gets into the engine with a flush pro. I hope mine never fails, but I'm always out there with it when it's running on the trailer listening for the water splashing out the back.

My Flush Pro didn't fail by not allowing water to pass through, it failed by cracking and splitting wide open. Oh yeah, the boat wasn't on the trailer when it happened! Shocking.gif

My Flush Pro didn't fail by not allowing water to pass through, it failed by cracking and splitting wide open. Oh yeah, the boat wasn't on the trailer when it happened! Shocking.gif

How did you get out of that situation? I know you can close the main inlet valve for the water supply....but then you have no water supply to the engine. Did you have to shut down and get a pull back to shore?

How did you get out of that situation? I know you can close the main inlet valve for the water supply....but then you have no water supply to the engine. Did you have to shut down and get a pull back to shore?

Yep! And fast....the boat did not have a water shut off valve at the time! (It does now.)

Can you post a pic of inlet & flush-pro? I have transom flush kit & don't seem to have enough line from the rear kit to put 1.25" ID shut-off between hull inlet & perko.

One option I thought of for if this happens is to take the raw water hose, unhook it from the perko, stick it in the bilge & run the motor.... Would have to watch it carefully to make sure you don't run bilge dry that & damage the motor that way, but it should keep up pretty well... Not that I EVER want to find out...