Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High Engine temp shut down?

Does anyone know if the Indmar Monsoon 340 will automatically shutdown on high temp if the water pump fails?

I am curious because I know my wife never looks at the guages when she is driving. The thing could overheat and she would never know it.

Does anyone know if the Indmar Monsoon 340 will automatically shutdown on high temp if the water pump fails?

I am curious because I know my wife never looks at the guages when she is driving. The thing could overheat and she would never know it.

It will not shut down but it will go into "limp mode" . When my impeller when out it would not let me go over 2500 rpms and a beeper was sounding, she cant miss it.

The owners manual states that limp mode kicks in at 203*F.. also stating that it can lower rpm's down to 1600. It should also send an alarm to the dash beeper. Continueing to ride at reduced rpm is not going to help anything though if your impeller failed. Best to just shutdown.