Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Horrible Weather.....

spinxt

For those of skiing at this point in the year, I am very jealous of you!! Mad.gif Last year I bought my boat on April 20th, and probably could have skied at least two weeks before that. This year (even now equipped with a dry suit), the weather is so bad here in the northeast that I can't see getting in the water until at least the 1st week in May. It's horrible. Alright, I'm done complaining now......perhaps mother nature will read this post and cut us northerners a break!

Whistling.gif I'll be singing a sad tune waiting until the weather breaks....

For those of skiing at this point in the year, I am very jealous of you!! Mad.gif Last year I bought my boat on April 20th, and probably could have skied at least two weeks before that. This year (even now equipped with a dry suit), the weather is so bad here in the northeast that I can't see getting in the water until at least the 1st week in May. It's horrible. Alright, I'm done complaining now......perhaps mother nature will read this post and cut us northerners a break!

Maybe you could try what we did yesterday! Said the heck with it, 50 degree's threw the boat in and went out for a 1.5 hour ride with my boys and worked on breaking her in a little. It took the edge off a little bit.

I hear you... we were skiing in the third week of march last year, and havent even gotten the boat out yet this year... Mad.gif

Where in the northeast are you located?

This is the latest ever that our boat hasn't seen the water :( Usually we go by the middle of March. If not getting to use the boat until the weather is nice, counts as seasonal depression, then I have it bad!

Be glad you aren't selling them. Mad.gif

I'm about to blow a gasket with this screwed up weather. Ice is gone, dock and lift are in, but possible 1 - 2' of heavy snow predicted in the next 48 hours. I'd drop it in today, just to go for a spin, but there is no ramp on this lake--have to go over a neighbor's lawn and I only do it once a season. Frustrated.gifCry.gifBaby.gif

Maybe you could try what we did yesterday! Said the heck with it, 50 degree's threw the boat in and went out for a 1.5 hour ride with my boys and worked on breaking her in a little. It took the edge off a little bit.

I did that a couple weeks ago when it was 70 in MI..... what do i have to show for it now? a dewinterized boat that i have to keep a light bulb under the engine cover to keep the block from freezing from multiple nights dipping well below freezing...... grrrr.... on the plus side its getting a bit better every day, every warmer day lately has had rain tho........

I hear ya man... I didn't de-winterize the boat until this week. Yep.... didn't get the bimini out of the attic until last Wednesday. ROFL.gif

I'm about to blow a gasket with this screwed up weather. Ice is gone, dock and lift are in, but possible 1 - 2' of heavy snow predicted in the next 48 hours. I'd drop it in today, just to go for a spin, but there is no ramp on this lake--have to go over a neighbor's lawn and I only do it once a season. Frustrated.gifCry.gifBaby.gif

Jack,

You need to get on a plane and come see your Mom. It's 90 here in Central Florida at 5:30 pm. My boat is still not ready, due to new interior, but I could get you out on a 2007 Response.

John

Barely broke 50 here in north GA last weekend- lows well into the 20's. We went out two weeks before- mid 80's & the kids were swimming (w/shortys). Had to drain the manifolds & heat exchangers again before last weekend. This weekend no better rain & temps dropping into the 30's overnite again.

April is the cruelest month- we usually get some time in during March and then assume it's the beginning of the season. Then most of April, Psych!- if it's warm enough, it's raining; if it's dry, it's cold/windy. Maybe next week...

a dewinterized boat that i have to keep a light bulb under the engine cover to keep the block from freezing from multiple nights dipping well below freezing...... grrrr....

Why not just drain the block and hoses?

but I could get you out on a 2007 Response.

Shocking.gifDrool.gif Thanks for thinking of me, John. The wife, son, and I are all on different vacation schedules this spring, so no traveling for any of us. We'll definitely be in touch next time we can get down that way though. Most of the time I am skiing by now, so this crappy weather and impending Nor'easter are really driving me up a wall.