Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wiring diagrams?

electricjohn

Was wondering if there are any wiring diagrams available for our boats. I have seen talk about Clymer manuals, but do they have good diagrams of both the boat and motor or are they just motor manuals? Is anything available from Malibu or Indmar?

Clymer manuals have great diagrams, but only for the engines, not the boat. It's well worth having, though.

I'd love to get my hands on a good wiring diagram for the complete boat complete with color codes for the wires, etc...but I wonder if they even exist...

I doubt any wiring diagram of the boat exists that we could get our hands on. From what I saw at the factory, it's just tribal knowledge as to what wire goes where.

You really should get the Clymer just to have.

http://www.amazon.com/Indmar-1983-2003-Cly...7514&sr=8-1

Yup, & if you crawl under the dash & look at how everything is wired, you'd understand how very true that statement really is.

• 1 month later...

Got my Clymers yesterday. Good info, but a few discrepencies in the wiring diagrams. That has got be expected in a book that covers 17 years though.

Yeah,

It's not the be all, end all book. But, it's better than nothing, and nothing is what we'd have otherwise.