Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

91 wake problems

jktbea

Just bought a 91 malibu euro f-3 for my son to wakeboard with. The probem is the wake is smooth as glass. What can I do to alter the wake for ideal wakeboarding?

You have an awesome slalom ski boat.

Teach him to ski instead. LOL

Or get some ballast sacs and put some weight in it.

Lots of ballast ideas on this site - just search a bit.

And Welcome to the wonderful world of Bu Crew!!!

If your vibration problem (in the other thread) turns out to be the prop...take this opportunity to buy a prop that is appropriate for a weighted boat. :)

If your vibration problem (in the other thread) turns out to be the prop...take this opportunity to buy a prop that is appropriate for a weighted boat. :)

To add on the vibration, make sure you check the shaft or have your repair shop check it. And yes I second the sacs, they are really the only thing you can add. Do you have a tower on it yet?

JKT,

I have the exact same boat as you do. I have the 13x13 4 blade prop on my boat. As everyone has said this is a great slalom boat, but you will struggle getting a decent wakeboard wake out of it. The boat already sits fairly low in the water, so be careful with ballast. When putting the boat in the water at a busy dock, I have taken rollers over the back while idling backwards. NorCaliBu's idea of investing in a new prop will be a good idea if you plan on using ballast most of the time. Good luck with your new boat and this is the place to ask any questions that yo uwill have with your Malibu!!

Jamie

Your best bet is forget wakeboarding and start skiing! It is much less expensive, you dont have to have nearly as many accessories, the boat fits in the garage easier with no tower to take down, and you dont have to worry about fat sacks.

Seems like 1 wake problem to me... what are the other 90 issues Dontknow.gif

And that wasn't even a problem. It sounded like an "observation", or maybe that he was bragging. Smooth as glass is the perfect description of a good wake. You wake boarders are all messed up.

Hey jcaksume, where you at medina lake the on April 1st? I saw a Euro when we launched out at medina lake around 2ish that sunday. If so i thin i gave ya the Thumbup.gif

And that wasn't even a problem. It sounded like an "observation", or maybe that he was bragging. Smooth as glass is the perfect description of a good wake. You wake boarders are all messed up.

Sorry I didnt mean to come across like I was bragging. I actually bought the boat for wakeboarding but I guess I didnt do my homework. Really expected larger wake.

Sorry I didnt mean to come across like I was bragging. I actually bought the boat for wakeboarding but I guess I didnt do my homework. Really expected larger wake.

I am pretty sure they were joking...

SouperFly,

I was at the lake but not at that lake on April 1st. I was on Lake Dunlap, near New Braunfels. How is Medina doing? Last time I was there it was over 30 feet low.

Jamie