Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

make-a-wake install

noodleski

I know that this has been discussed many times ....but....... Whistling.gif

I am taking delivery of my new 2007 VLX within the next 4 weeks Clap.gif

I have bought the make-a-wake 2 pump system for the locker sacs

...and what opinions

I had the Rival system in my XTi and drilled a through-hull, or had it done

I really don't wanna beg the guy to do it again...on my brand new boat (really caught heck last time)

options that I have read:

tie into the raw water intake that feeds the engine

the system is above water level so I am told it won't take away from the engine water

through hull.....eek

use the engine compartment drain plug hole

I guess just detach it when I get the oil changed?

help! what would yall do?

Edited by noodleski

Your getting a VLX without a ballast system from Malibu? Dontknow.gif I would think that continuously pumping in 200 degree water into rubber sacs would, over time, lead to failure, if by no other reason than making it MUCH more susceptible to punctures, etc.

I say go thru hull. Sounds scary...really isn't.

I am sure someone else will chime in soon,

I know that this has been discussed many times ....but....... Whistling.gif

I am taking delivery of my new 2007 VLX within the next 4 weeks Clap.gif

I have bought the make-a-wake 2 pump system for the locker sacs

...and what opinions

I had the Rival system in my XTi and drilled a through-hull, or had it done

I really don't wanna beg the guy to do it again...on my brand new boat (really caught heck last time)

options that I have read:

tie into the raw water intake that feeds the engine

the system is above water level so I am told it won't take away from the engine water

through hull.....eek

use the engine compartment drain plug hole

I guess just detach it when I get the oil changed?

help! what would yall do?

the boat does have the full MLS including the bow

I want to add the locker sacs for surfing...

I just like to control everything from the dash

I want to be able to fill the rear tanks

and then fill either locker sac independently

I have heard of systems that fill the sacs as tanks overflow

would rather have them be on seperate systems

tying into the raw water would feed the sacs before the water was heated by the engine

I would "t" off of the valve at the through hull

if I "t" off of the factory MLS through hull...I would have to activate that pump first...isn't that pump screwed directly to the through hull?

Edited by noodleski
the boat does have the full MLS including the bow

I want to add the locker sacs for surfing...

I just like to control everything from the dash

I want to be able to fill the rear tanks

and then fill either locker sac independently

I have heard of systems that fill the sacs as tanks overflow

would rather have them be on seperate systems

tying into the raw water would feed the sacs before the water was heated by the engine

I would "t" off of the valve at the through hull

if I "t" off of the factory MLS through hull...I would have to activate that pump first...isn't that pump screwed directly to the through hull?

Been there....tried it....doesn't work very well. Just go with a dedicated intake, you'll be happier for it. If you tee it off of one of the existing through hulls, you won't have to turn on the existing pump since these aerator pumps don't stop flow, but you'll be limited by the size of the intake at only 3/4". You could potentially remove that pump & build a manifold to utilize that orifice, but it's still limited by its size. You're better off with a dedicated intake of either 1" or better yet 1.5".

thanks wakegirl

it's not that I wouldn't prefer a dedicated through hull....

my biggest problem is getting it done

I would hate to mess up a brand new hull, and

when I had my local dealer do the install in my xti...it was like pulling teeth to get him to do it.

I have already been told that my chances of getting the service manager (who I think also has an interest in the company)..to install a through hull in the 2007 VLX ...are slim to none

there is a MB dealer real close to me...but I feel kinda slimey askin them to do it

since the plant in California hasn't begun the build process on my boat yet...I wonder if I could get them to install one....

that would be cool Clap.gifYahoo.gifROFL.gif .having a factory installed extra through hull for extra ballast

...................what are the chances?

Shoot man....that is the way I would go, irregardless of the cost. I am sure it will be a couple hundred bucks, but in the grand scheme of a $50k+ boat, and it installed without worry at the factory. Thumbup.gif

since the plant in California hasn't begun the build process on my boat yet...I wonder if I could get them to install one....

that would be cool Clap.gifYahoo.gifROFL.gif .having a factory installed extra through hull for extra ballast

...................what are the chances?

putting a thru hull in the bottom of your boat is really a diy project. on the easy to hard scale, it is easy, but takes an hour of your time.

a suggestion for when you get around to doing your wiring is to use different color wire for each run and make a wiring diagram with the colors noted. Here is a link to Waytek Wire, you can get many different colors for $7.59 per 100ft (min order) 16 gauge. I used 14 different colors in my setup and am really glad I did.

Waytek Wire

under select a category, select wire-automotive primary.