Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chrome Exhaust Tips

Chilliezax

Can somebody please tell me the reason for chrome exhaust, other than it looks cool. I have a Harley and am addicted to chrome. I have nothing else to chrome on the bike, i guess it is the boats turn.

Well, if you need one more reason ... I have them and you can be cool like me. Whistling.gif

Plus1.gif i got them too

Edited by Mike d Wakeboarder
Can somebody please tell me the reason for chrome exhaust, other than it looks cool.

They look sweet! I have the Silent Tip Exhaust. I believe they are stainless tips (either polished stainless or chromed...not sure?) Quiets down the noise nicely and looks awesome....definitely worth it imo! The first pic below is at the factory. Second shows the STE on the completed boat.

DSCN2146-1.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Thanks for asking the question....I love the opportunity to post pics of my boat! Rockon.gif

Edited by Birm
Well, if you need one more reason ... I have them and you can be cool like me. Whistling.gif
Plus1.gif i got them to
:unsure: You got them to...what? :unsure: Oh wait, did you mean "I got them too". Tease.gif

Biggrin.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu

That's my next mod. plus I have heard that it helps also when your skier and boarder are out there having fun the ability to hear the music better, if you have tower speakers. But they really do look cool, now I have to call the dealer (lol).

Called the dealer today, does anyone know how much these cost. It usually takes a day or two for the service dept. to call me back, I'm just wondering if I can afford these right now.

Edited by 68Slalom
Oh wait, did you mean "I got them too". Tease.gif

Biggrin.gif

Uh oh. Super Speller is out of his phone booth. Tease2.gif

Number 13, I venture to guess.

post-23-1176406759_thumb.jpg

Edited by LS-One
Yea, more like #21! :lol:

Oh. . .I don't know. 21 looks too muscular to be Michael. . .

. . .perhaps #1? Facial expression seems to match Michael's eDisposition. Biggrin.gif

Whistling.gif

Yea, more like #21! :lol:
Actually...that looks a lot like Andy. :lol:
Oh. . .I don't know. 21 looks too muscular to be Michael. . .

. . .perhaps #1? Facial expression seems to match Michael's eDisposition.

Keep it up, Stubby. You're just grumpy cause it's mid-April and still snowing. It's nice here. Tongue.gif
Keep it up, Stubby. You're just grumpy cause it's mid-April and still snowing. It's nice here. Tongue.gif

Stubby? Who you calling Stubby? I resemble that remark. Mad.gif

Can somebody please tell me the reason for chrome exhaust, other than it looks cool. I have a Harley and am addicted to chrome. I have nothing else to chrome on the bike, i guess it is the boats turn.

The straight ones will increase exhaust sounds a bit.

They have no flappers (flaps?). Biggrin.gif

post-334-1176481460_thumb.jpg

My dealer hooked me up with some SS turn downs. When I actually saw them, I was extremely pleased. Clap.gif

Mine are on their way also, I was quoted $120 each and the service dept. thinks they are the longer ones with the turn downs, but he also gave me a price of $240 each for another type of turn down that may have the flaps. Now I'm wondering if the $120 is for the shorties like in the post above from Chaabo because I like the ones like Birm better. The straight ones wouldn't be bad, they look kind of mean and they are exactly what I had on my Bahner Mini Daycruiser. I just need to wait and see Innocent.gif they are going to get them in so I can see them first.

Edited by 68Slalom

The flaps are internal

post-23-1176496733_thumb.jpg

I like what you have done to the trailer, did the trailer come with the chrome fender wheels and the chrome poles. Looks Great.

post-23-1176496733_thumb.jpg

I like what you have done to the trailer, did the trailer come with the chrome fender wheels and the chrome poles. Looks Great.

The SS fenders & guides are options on the Extreme. I've got the SS fenders & love them, they take the abuse so much better than the standard painted fenders do IMO. I'm not sure on the guides, but the fenders are polished SS, no chrome.

The flaps are internal

Nope.

Up to 2005 it was that way.

From 2006 on the straight pipes come w/o any flaps!

This info is varified with the factory, see pics below of our 2006 exhaust.

What you see at the end of the tube in pic #2 is the stock in-line silencer.

post-334-1176537762_thumb.jpg

post-334-1176537771_thumb.jpg