Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Schematic for dash switch?

WaveMake'nLSV

Am trying to transfer my tower lights over to the same switch that my docking lights use. Problem is, I am somewhat electrically challenged and not real sure what goes where. The switch only has one pole up top, so I am going to have to lengthen (to make it from one side to the other) and splice into the docking light wires to accomplish this.

Any pointers and/or dos and don'ts...please advise.

PS...the tower lights ARE run thru a relay, so over heating the switch should not be an issue.

I am trying to free up a spot on my dash for another ballast switch.

they are carling contura switches and the diagram can be found on their website: carling contura switch diagram

I too am challenged and the diagrams probably wouldn't help me. I found a friend with a meter who figured it out. good luck.

you can buy switches and wiring supplies at Waytek Wire. Select switches under category, then contura and there is a whole whack of switchs and switch parts. inexpensive as well.

Scott

I bought a 2 way switch for the bow lights and tower lights. I used the same face for the bow lights, so that if its flipped up the bow is on and down is the tower lights. Not sure that is what you are looking for or not just an idea.

later

Shawn

Scott

I bought a 2 way switch for the bow lights and tower lights. I used the same face for the bow lights, so that if its flipped up the bow is on and down is the tower lights. Not sure that is what you are looking for or not just an idea.

later

Shawn

That's a really good idea, but can you have them both on at once. I have extra switches in my boat but I think this is the way to go if you don't have extra's.

NO I cant have them both on at the same time. I have a 200 amp stinger relay for the tower lights. I could hook them up together by using the wire to the lights as a trigger for the relay. I like being able to run one or the other. I like being able to turn off the tower lights when I'm docking it.

My dash is so full that they had to put the switch for the heater on the side pannel. It is right next to the kill switch. So I didn't have much choice if I wanted it on the dash.

Shawn

Edited by lake texoma
NO I cant have them both on at the same time. I have a 200 amp stinger relay for the tower lights. I could hook them up together by using the wire to the lights as a trigger for the relay. I like being able to run one or the other. I like being able to turn off the tower lights when I'm docking it.

My dash is so full that they had to put the switch for the heater on the side pannel. It is right next to the kill switch. So I didn't have much choice if I wanted it on the dash.

Shawn

well, technically speaking you could have them both on at the same time. In one position (either up or down) you could have both on at the same time. in the other position you could have either the tower lights or the docking lights on.