Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's Official................

68Slalom

I am proud to be a crew member and hope to learn more and help people on this board as I can. The internet can be just as bad as good in some cases, but if it wasn't for these types of forums I wouldn't have learned so much.

Thanks everyone

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Tony Garin

Thumbup.gif

Edited by 68Slalom
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 68Slalom

• stewart

• SacRiverRat

• Birm

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Troy, you were the one that mentioned the May 5th event on the Sac. river right? I talked to the little lady and it looks like we'll be there, she usually likes to work on Sat. for some extra money but I said I would pay her to drive the boat. She liked that idea Biggrin.gif

Thanks Troy, you were the one that mentioned the May 5th event on the Sac. river right? I talked to the little lady and it looks like we'll be there, she usually likes to work on Sat. for some extra money but I said I would pay her to drive the boat. She liked that idea Biggrin.gif

Clap.gif Fantastic!!! See you there!! And welcome to the club! Thumbup.gif

Plus1.gif

Where in the Bay Area do you live?

I'm about 4 miles from you depending on where you live, I'm in San Lorenzo about 1.5 miles from the 880/238 exit. We should hook up sometime, I'll be working on the boat all weekend.

Tony

Gotcha. I work in Hayward and take Hesperian N to 238 on my way home. We live off of Crow Canyon/Cull Canyon, but store our boat about 10 minutes from where SacRiverRat is having the Norcal Fiesta hope to meet there.....

Plus1.gif

Where in the Bay Area do you live?

Plus1.gifPlus1.gif It'll be great to have another boater in the central cal crew.

Gotcha. I work in Hayward and take Hesperian N to 238 on my way home. We live off of Crow Canyon/Cull Canyon, but store our boat about 10 minutes from where SacRiverRat is having the Norcal Fiesta hope to meet there.....

That's so funny, then you drive by my route everyday. I get off at Bockman (which it the street right after the Golf Course, Target) and I live off of Via Catherine.

Wouldn't the Delta be closer for you instead of Sac. plus from my experience the Delta gets warmer so much faster :( I went a few years ago to the Nights Landing area around this time and I couldn't even get in the water.

That's so funny, then you drive by my route everyday. I get off at Bockman (which it the street right after the Golf Course, Target) and I live off of Via Catherine.

Wouldn't the Delta be closer for you instead of Sac. plus from my experience the Delta gets warmer so much faster :( I went a few years ago to the Nights Landing area around this time and I couldn't even get in the water.

We do go to the Delta. Crazy.gif Isleton area. Take 680 N to 4 East to (Antioch/Brentwood) then 160 North just above Hwy 12. About 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hour drive. About the same distance as the Disco/Orwood area for us.

Edited by stewart

The sacramento river flows all the way to the Bay... it is part of the delta (where the delta starts is hard to define)

Knights landing is North of Sacramento.. didn't we go over this? Tease2.gif Check out the map I attached in your April 28 thread

The sacramento river flows all the way to the Bay... it is part of the delta (where the delta starts is hard to define)

Knights landing is North of Sacramento.. didn't we go over this? Tease2.gif Check out the map I attached in your April 28 thread

Here's the island...

Google Maps

When I mean the Delta Tongue.gif I mean like Tower Park, Orwood. I have the last issue of Wakeboarding Magazine that when they described the Delta they had a picture of that area (Tower Park and such). Now the Sac. River also has run off from the Feather river if I'm not mistaken and has no Salt. If I'm not wrong and please anyone correct me, I think that is the difference. Parts of the Delta have somewhat a small % of salt that comes from the Bay and the Delta is only feed by the bay and no other source.

Innocent.gif I don't know, I just know the water is smooth at both places but the Sac. river is a little colder for a period of time.

Edited by 68Slalom

Tony -

Have you looked at the map links we've attached for you? Are you new to the area? Tower park is maybe 2 miles (by car) from where Stewart keeps his boat, or maybe 5 miles from Isleton.. :lol:

We're talking about the same place. The Sacramento river is part of the delta.. of course it does go all the way up through lake shasta etc.. We're just on a lower portion of it. You're right, it is fed by the feather river, and the american rivers, and the pit river, and the McLeod river, and on and on .. Yes.gif

I know you're new, and this is the internet so difficult to tell when we're all joking.. I'm just giving you a hard time, but dude, pull up the maps we've set out for you and check out where we're talking about.

Hope you can find your way on the 5th, and we can have a beverage and laugh about this stuff :)

When I mean the Delta Tongue.gif I mean like Tower Park, Orwood.... Now the Sac. River also has run off from the Feather river if I'm not mistaken and has no Salt. If I'm not wrong and please anyone correct me, I think that is the difference. Parts of the Delta have somewhat a small % of salt that comes from the Bay and the Delta is only feed by the bay and no other source.

Innocent.gif I don't know, I just know the water is smooth at both places but the Sac. river is a little colder for a period of time.

o.k., lets try this again..... I keep my boat at B&W which is about 4-5 miles west of Tower Park and about .75 miles from Isleton. The Sacramento River flows down past Isleton and also through the Locke which goes into the Molkulmne River which is what Tower park and B&W is situated on. :)

And yes, during the summer, the Sacramento River is a bit cooler that some of the other channels by tower or out off 8 mile road, which we frequent as well. But, the Sacramento River around Isleton also has much less traffic and some good water...

As for the feed of the Delta. Is is 100% fed from fresh water and not the Bay. It is fed by the Feather, the Sacramento (starts at Shasta), The Molkulmne, the Yuba, the American, the Stanislaus and a few others. The Bay only makes it up to about the Carcinous Bridge after that the water gets very fresh. It is the flow of the water out of the Delta that keeps the salt water from the Bay out. That is why when we had a breech on the levy a couple of years back and it was back flooding into some marshes and fields (not flowing out to the bay) they had to start releasing water from some of the lakes (ie Folsom), again to keep salt water out of the Delta. The Delta feeds most of the agriculture of the San Joaquin Valley, and water form the Delta flow down the California Aquaduct to give those a******* in So CA drinking water.

I hope this helps. See you on the 5th!

Edited by stewart
When I mean the Delta Tongue.gif I mean like Tower Park, Orwood.... Now the Sac. River also has run off from the Feather river if I'm not mistaken and has no Salt. If I'm not wrong and please anyone correct me, I think that is the difference. Parts of the Delta have somewhat a small % of salt that comes from the Bay and the Delta is only feed by the bay and no other source.

o.k., lets try this again..... I keep my boat at B&W which is 5 miles west of Tower Park, which is .75 miles from Isleton. The Sacramento River flows down past Isleton and also through the Locke which goes into the Molkulmne River which is what Tower park is situated on. :)

And yes, during the summer, the Sacramento River is a bit cooler that some of the other channels by tower or out off 8 mile road, which we frequent as well. But, the Sacramento River around Isleton also has much less traffic and some good water...

As for the feed of the Delta. Is is 100% fed from fresh water and not the Bay. It is fed by the Feather, the Sacramento (starts at Shasta), The Molkulmne, the Yuba, the American, the Stanislaus and a few others. The Bay only makes it up to about the Carcinous Bridge after that the water gets very fresh. It is the flow of the water out of the Delta that keeps the salt water from the Bay out. That is why when we had a breech on the levy a couple of years back and it was back flooding into some marshes and fields (not flowing to the bay) they had to start releasing water form some of the lakes, again to keep salt water out of the Delta.

OK, I know you guys are just kidding Yahoo.gif . I looked at the google map but have no idea where this is just by looking, and it's totally my fault I was thinking Isleton over by the Freeport in the Sac. area (like closer to Discovery Park, Highway 80 area). I haven't heard of Isleton by Discovery Bay or Brentwood area, I have always launched off of Mossdale and Del Rey and as far to me as under Highway 5 in Stockton. I had no idea that the Sac. river was still considered all the way up to this area, I thought the Sac. river stopped before Rio Vista towards Sac. and actually Rio Vista was considered the Delta. My Bad, sorry for all the extra typing you guys have had to do (LOL), you can take it out on my once you see me "if you can catch me" Just Playing, I have had an easy day at work looking on the internet all day, I'm going to map quest Isleton now. I quess all I really need to know is where I need to launch and what arm (slough) the Island is on, I'll have to get a Delta map.

Thanks again for clearing things up, I'm a little spacy thinking about drinking beer when I get home to work on my boat. I usually have to go to the gym to keep the wife happy and this is kinda fun just getting away with screwing around and it really is a good reason. She can't get mad at me cause I really am working ROFL.gif

Tony, you're making me laugh... yea, go look at the map.. try the little zooooom outttie feature, so you can get your bearings as to where this all is.

It isn't that near brentwood, or stocton.. and is very close to Rio Vista... :lol: you're alll twisted up. Better have your wife drive, never know where you're going to end up

here is a link to Viera's Resort http://vieiras95641.tripod.com we will be launching from there, so map to that address. Once you launch head NE up river about 1 mile and SacRiverRats house will be on the island to the left.

What gym? 24 at Bayfair?

I hate to admit this...........it used to be the old Gold's Gym in the Southland Mall, I was a member when they first opened up in this really small building off of Hesperian Blvd. now a Furniture store. An eastern company called Planet Fitness took over and really messed everything up but the fees are only $10 a month, so for a few extra machines missing and aside from not having dumbells over 60lbs it's not to bad. Most of the people that joined because it was cheap don't go anymore so the gym isn't really packed with people just kind of walking around looking and sitting on the equipment.

Tony, you're making me laugh... yea, go look at the map.. try the little zooooom outttie feature, so you can get your bearings as to where this all is.

It isn't that near brentwood, or stocton.. and is very close to Rio Vista... :lol: you're alll twisted up. Better have your wife drive, never know where you're going to end up

Dude, now I'm busting a nut. I do have the worst, I MEAN "WORST" sense of direction it's that bad. And yes, I will make sure my wife gives the directions because I don't want to waste gas with how high the prices are these days.

Hey Tony..

Glad to see you enlisted into the ranks. I know you at least know where Orwood is where we will probably be hooking up especially for the Demo Day you were talking about. I too would like to get out and see the B&W area that Stewart goes out at, and possibly meet him and others that frequent that area as well cause I'm not as comfortable with that area but would like to check it out. We'll have to get you a Delta map that also shows everywhere out there. I think Stewart said he worked in Hayward and I do also so I will definately do a drive by when it's convienant for the both of us. Hurry up and get that thing in the water.

Dave