Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

State Reg Stickers Suck!!!

ffdawg

I installed my new set of Domed numbers and they look awesome! The numbers are black with a chrome outline - matches the other graphics on my boat which is royal blue and black. I actually stood back and admired how good it looked for a while. And what an improvement over the plain white numbers that were on there before! Next I had to put on the '08 registration stickers from Washington State which are bright red. Those damn things stand out on my boat like a glaring neon beacon! I was pissed! Your eye is totally drawn to the things because they are such a contrast from everything else on the boat. What a major disapointment! Oh well, maybe when the blue and black sticker years roll around I'll feel better.

i agree with you 100% i just put domed numbers on my VLX and i have not put the state sticker on yet, but i know how bad they look. so right now i just keep the stickers in the boat. Biggrin.gif

Speaking of stickers, have you seen or found the new CO sticker for Washington yet? I'm about to order my new (domed) letters any day.

Edited by auwdawg

I used to keep the stickers in the boat until I got stopped, and told the next time I will get a ticket. Now I put them on the side of the windshield.

I installed my new set of Domed numbers and they look awesome! The numbers are black with a chrome outline - matches the other graphics on my boat which is royal blue and black. I actually stood back and admired how good it looked for a while. And what an improvement over the plain white numbers that were on there before! Next I had to put on the '08 registration stickers from Washington State which are bright red. Those damn things stand out on my boat like a glaring neon beacon! I was pissed! Your eye is totally drawn to the things because they are such a contrast from everything else on the boat. What a major disapointment! Oh well, maybe when the blue and black sticker years roll around I'll feel better.

I lucked out I guess. My boat colors are also blue and black (with white hull). The sticker in Michigan is blue until the end of 2009, so I'll match until then.

Speaking of stickers, have you seen or found the new CO sticker for Washington yet? I'm about to order my new (domed) letters any day.

Yeah, I got the new, required CO sticker also. It's mostly white with an orange band across the top. They are supposed to be posted on the interior of the boat within view of all passengers. I put mine on the horizontal piece of fiberglass between the throttle lever and the windscreen so the sticker is facing straight up - the least visible place I could find.

I wouldn't have put it on at all, but had some "issues" with the police during Seafair last year and want to make sure my ride is perfectly legal.

Yeah, I got the new, required CO sticker also. It's mostly white with an orange band across the top. They are supposed to be posted on the interior of the boat within view of all passengers. I put mine on the horizontal piece of fiberglass between the throttle lever and the windscreen so the sticker is facing straight up - the least visible place I could find.

I wouldn't have put it on at all, but had some "issues" with the police during Seafair last year and want to make sure my ride is perfectly legal.

Can I ask, where did you find the CO sticker?

I have the same problem, I have nice chorme fence domed with black and white outline to match my other stickers and a nice big 07 green sticker. Nothing on the boat is green, but not putting them on will cost some green "California is pretty strict". I just have to follow the rules, no other option.

Can I ask, where did you find the CO sticker?

I got mine at the licensing place when I licensed the boat. Check the dol.wa.gov site - there should be more info there about where to get them.

I lucked out I guess. My boat colors are also blue and black (with white hull). The sticker in Michigan is blue until the end of 2009, so I'll match until then.

The MI stickers that expire in 2010 are orange! :(

Suppose it could be worse...

Yeah, the 2010 Wisconsin stickers are orange, too. Looks like crap sitting on regal next to domed numbers. Serves me right for thinking the last color I had was bad. I've love to have my old green sticker back now. :)

ORANGE? Yech... Maybe when I need to renew in 2009 it will recycle to blue... or maybe white. I can only hope.

ORANGE? Yech... Maybe when I need to renew in 2009 it will recycle to blue... or maybe white. I can only hope.

I suffered with orange stickers the last 4 seasons (GA)- registration renewed this past December and they were...

...ORANGE again! Stuck with them until 2010...

Ohio is going orange this year too. Maybe it's a conspiracy in the midwest to find the colors that match the fewest boats. It probably makes it easier on the DNR/Coast Guard/Police to have them stick out like a sore thumb. We're stuck with these for 3 years.

I feel your pain. I too have just received my new TN. registration sticker. Got it till 2010 and it too is ORANGE! Looks like someone puked next to my new (perfectly matched to the Wakesetter letters) Domed letters on my Reuben colored hull. YUK!!! If I had it to do again, I would have went for a different year renewal for any other color.

I feel your pain. I too have just received my new TN. registration sticker. Got it till 2010 and it too is ORANGE! Looks like someone puked next to my new (perfectly matched to the Wakesetter letters) Domed letters on my Reuben colored hull. YUK!!! If I had it to do again, I would have went for a different year renewal for any other color.

Doesn't matter what color they are....they do look like CRAP!

Here's mine: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...8&members=1