Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

temporary ballest?

king_kong

i want to add some fat sacs to the Bu this summer but i dont want to make them perminet. so pretty much i want to be able to put the sacs in the boat when i want them and take them out when i dont want them in the boat. aslo i dont want to install another pump systems for the new sacs. i hope that makes sence? if anyone understands what im saying and knos a way i could do this that would be great!

anyone have a good ballast wright up that they know of that they could post?

Here you go:

1. get a ballast sac

2. put it where you want the weight

3. fill it

4. drain it

5. put ballast sac and pump away

anyone have a good ballast wright up that they know of that they could post?

Here you go:

1. get a ballast sac

2. put it where you want the weight

3. fill it

4. drain it

5. put ballast sac and pump away

Yep.

This is meant for fun, no harm intended:

I just pick up a bunch of fat chicks, they sit where you want them and they aren't that hard to get out of the boat Tease.gif

Edited by 68Slalom
Or call Alvie - then you can add skinny girls as needed

gallery_5_3_52686.jpg

That's a great picture of the guy picking sand out (LOL).

I'd go for the skinny chicks instead but I only have a 21' XTI now I would have to upgrade to the 24' for that Surprised.gif

would 2 #750 fly high sacs in the back lockers work off this system or would i need too upgrade the pumps to make this work right? slide1hm6.jpg

(Also i know ill need to put some more wait up front to make this work right)

would 2 #750 fly high sacs in the back lockers work off this system or would i need too upgrade the pumps to make this work right?

You could easily upgrade to 1100gph and then add a Y valve.

This is one I found at Lowes - its a high output Gilmour - not the regular one.

Its served us well for going on our 3rd season.

The Valve

The Valve Installed

would 2 #750 fly high sacs in the back lockers work off this system or would i need too upgrade the pumps to make this work right? slide1hm6.jpg

Isn't this just a little beyond " temporary ballest"... Dontknow.gif

OK, I seriously think you are over thinking your ballast. You have a flowchart. I have never seen such things...just add, as Brad recommended a few "good friends" that could use Jenny Craig and some of the ballast bags as mentioned above. You will have a good time and can switch from goofy to regular.

Edited by The Garslayer
would 2 #750 fly high sacs in the back lockers work off this system or would i need too upgrade the pumps to make this work right?

The Valve

The Valve Installed

thats perfect! thanks for that, so you say they sell those at lowes?

Isn't this just a little beyond " temporary ballest"... Dontknow.gif

yeah

OK, I seriously think you are over thinking your ballast. You have a flowchart. I have never seen such things...just add, as Brad recommended a few "good friends" that could use Jenny Craig and some of the ballast bags as mentioned above. You will have a good time and can switch from goofy to regular.

yeah i probly am but thats why im trying to make things easier. and i diddnt make that flow cart i found it on here back during last summer, and saved it for future reference

King Kong

I like the flow chart...

I posted the make-a-wake thread and haven't gotten alot of feedback... :(

did you plumb your system like the flowchart?

how do the sacs fill? as overflow from the tanks?

or can you fill them using a seperate fill switch?

thanks

The Valve

The Valve Installed

thats perfect! thanks for that, so you say they sell those at lowes?

Yes from Lowes but make sure you get the "High Output" versions.

And the rest of the fittings are in the plumbing section - get either the grey pvc or in the sprinkler area get the black pvc.

Edited by Brad B

yeah i probly am but thats why im trying to make things easier. and i diddnt make that flow cart i found it on here back during last summer, and saved it for future reference

Ok good, I was concerned :) ...I still recommend some general ballast bags and good friends. Gives you mobility!!!

It's really too bad they don't allow enough room in the storage areas to accomodate a four cylinder engine. Just think you could have 600-800 lbs of ballast that could actually do something else besides sit there. All you would need is an air conditioning unit (100-200 lbs extra ballast) and a canvas tent enclosure that works with the tower as a support structure and you would have a 340 hp house/wake/surf/ski boat. Hey I may actually have something here. Biggrin.gif

Edited by 87Skier
does any one have or have experience with this pump? does it pump water out? if not how do you get the water out of the bags?

Pump

It fills and empties the bags. When you're filling you connect the end of the hose to the bag and throw the pump overboard (I'm serious). When you want to drain them, you connect the pump directly to the bag and throw the hose over the side.