Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

6'5 215lbs What size board???

wakecrashin

I would ride as big as you can get. I'm 6'2" 240lbs and ride a 137 Fish (add 10 to normal) and love it. I think 141 would be a little small. I rode a 143 before the fish and was happy with the performance of it.

One thing about height, it makes the vendor chart/size recommendations tricky. I'd demo up one more size based on height if available and see what you think.

Give it a test run on each board. I think you'll find the right size that works for your riding style and preferences.

You'll probably notice more of a difference from board/fin characteristics that the 2cm between a 141 & 143.

I'm 6'2" - 245 - I ride a HL 141 Belmont and 142 Era. I had a 147 LF Rhythm which was too slick @ speed, but it was great for learning. I ride at 22 MPH - anything slower and the water feels soft. I do slow it down to between 15 & 19 when working on board control drills.

6'2" 245lbs and I normally ride 22.5-23 mph.

I started on a 144 motive and it was a good learner. I then switched to an Obrien Player 143 and it was a good board. Next board was a 141 Obrien Demented and it seemed too small (I lost pop and it seemed to sink a bit) but other than that decent board In fact, Obrien even had a weight limit of 220lbs in there specifications. I also had a chance to ride a CWB Transcend Platinum 142 last summer and hated it. Very slow board. I normally ride at 22.5 -23 mph and on that board I needed to ride around 25 mph just to feel like I wasn't sinking Crazy.gif

This year, I got the LF Witness 144. I have only ridden it twice, but so far so good. Good pop like the Player. But the best part is when you want to break the board loose and do surface slides or wake grinds its awesome, and the best part when you want to lay it on edge, it holds nicely. The Player was not quite as loose on slides and would break an edge easier, IMO.

Make sure you check out the specifications on your boards as well. On the LF Witness the 140 has a range of 140-225lbs and the 144 has a 170+ rating. www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide is a good place to do a quick comparison.

• 1 month later...

I started on a 144 motive and it was a good learner. I then switched to an Obrien Player 143 and it was a good board. Next board was a 141 Obrien Demented and it seemed too small (I lost pop and it seemed to sink a bit) but other than that decent board In fact, Obrien even had a weight limit of 220lbs in there specifications. I also had a chance to ride a CWB Transcend Platinum 142 last summer and hated it. Very slow board. I normally ride at 22.5 -23 mph and on that board I needed to ride around 25 mph just to feel like I wasn't sinking Crazy.gif

This year, I got the LF Witness 144. I have only ridden it twice, but so far so good. Good pop like the Player. But the best part is when you want to break the board loose and do surface slides or wake grinds its awesome, and the best part when you want to lay it on edge, it holds nicely. The Player was not quite as loose on slides and would break an edge easier, IMO.

Make sure you check out the specifications on your boards as well. On the LF Witness the 140 has a range of 140-225lbs and the 144 has a 170+ rating. www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide is a good place to do a quick comparison.

I was looking at the 07 Byerly but from what Ive read they said it is slow but holds an egde like no other. Being 6'5, center of gravity is a little different and I need something that will hold that edge.

I was looking at the 07 Byerly but from what Ive read they said it is slow but holds an egde like no other. Being 6'5, center of gravity is a little different and I need something that will hold that edge.

Polock from the crew tried my LF Witness this past weekend. He is around 6'3" and ~ 200+ lbs. You might want to PM him about what he thought about my board. All I know is his inverts, and pop in general looked a lot better. :)

He also was amazed how much edge you could grab riding finless, and how easy it was to slide....

Didn't know we had so many bigs on this board! 6'5" 230, ride a 70 inch Monza at 34 and 36 MPH. :)

Oh, and when I'm looking for something easy to do Crazy.gif, it's a Belmont 141 I'll sometimes strap up. Little on the small side, but I'm not really good enough to notice anyways. Wake to wake 180s are about my most impressive trick...

Edited by UWSkier
Didn't know we had so many bigs on this board! 6'5" 230, ride a 70 inch Monza at 34 and 36 MPH. :)

Oh, and when I'm looking for something easy to do Crazy.gif, it's a Belmont 141 I'll sometimes strap up. Little on the small side, but I'm not really good enough to notice anyways. Wake to wake 180s are about my most impressive trick...

How do you find the 70" Monza turning. I weigh 240 and ski a 68" D3 X5 34 mph and up to 32/35 off. I feel it is a little small at times and have thought about finding a bigger ski but when I tried a 70" F1 it felt like a barge.

How do you find the 70" Monza turning. I weigh 240 and ski a 68" D3 X5 34 mph and up to 32/35 off. I feel it is a little small at times and have thought about finding a bigger ski but when I tried a 70" F1 it felt like a barge.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I was on a 68" System 8 before this and it was always over-turning. The Monza turns far better than any other ski I've tried. It's really finicky about water temp and clarity though. What didn't you like specifically about the F1? That ski has my attention. Speed and control from what I've read...

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I was on a 68" System 8 before this and it was always over-turning. The Monza turns far better than any other ski I've tried. It's really finicky about water temp and clarity though. What didn't you like specifically about the F1? That ski has my attention. Speed and control from what I've read...

6'6" and 225 pounds here. oh....all right, really 235. any of you big boys ever ski the longest length new fisher, goode 9700 or goode 9800 at 34 mph into 28/32 off? any comments? i have an older 67.5 inch goode 9200 that feels a little small, especially after a big lunch. waterski magazine did a nice test of these and other skis recently, but all the skiers were either much smaller or much better (or both) than me!