Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HOURS PER SEASON

andyb

I clocked up 100 hours in each of the 2003 and 2004 summer seasons. I ski a little and spend more time with my three boys teaching 3-event skiing, towing the odd water toy/skim board. The boat usually tows four rounds of Club events a season.

How do you use your boat and how many hours in a season.

I don't know anywhere better than here to judge what is an average usage that might give an insight into what you might expect (especially if you were lining up a boat).

My 2004 Chevy SS has clocked up 412 hours in 20,000km (12,500 miles) so 100 hours is not a lot in the scheme of things.

Could be an interesting thread.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andyb

• WakeGirl

• auto

• jetskipro550

We did 75 last year. Of course 10 of that was breakin hours in crappy weather so i could use it right in nice weather. The year before was about 55 hours, so I'd say 60ish is average for us.

Get about 60 on mine each year, probably another 20 on each of two other boats I ski behind.

Averaging 75 hours per year.  I ski behind a few different boats though which helps to keep the hours off of mine. Thumbup.gif

Good skills. I guess my boys also take turns behind other boats so my 100 hrs is right up there so far. Soon petrol might be competing against chardonnay for the leisure dollar.

First year with a boat, but I would be thrilled to get 100 on it this summer!!! For the 3 weeks we used it last fall we put on 15 hours.

Another trip to Shasta might do it!

Usually 60-70 in 3.5 months

There are parts of New Zealand that are dramatically colder & summer is more restricted. Where I live, we use the Lake between late September and late April/early May - around 5 months. That would make your usage very similar.

I have gotten about 75-100 per year in the last 2 years.

With the birth of my daughter on 5/5(and a 19 month old) I don't think this year I will get as many hours......but I am hopefull.

I vary from 100-250 depending on the weather...If it is nice we are out all the time and can grt up to 20 a week, but last summer i struggled to hit 100 with all the rain.

Exactly 53.3 hours last summer (my first year with a DD skiboat).

Stupid weather in Canada ! (Boat won't touch water for another 2 weeks.)

I shudder thinking about my cost per hour for this hobby of mine.

We've got a little over 140 hrs. the last 2 seasons. Were off to a slow start this year, haven't been out yet. Still waiting to get boat back, hopefully this Friday.

usually put about 50 hours on the "real boat". Biggrin.gif

MudMotorcrop.JPG

crop.jpg

Auto:

That looks like some fairly serious stuff. Is that an SSP on the back in the first pic?

yep some serious stuff, serious cups and thickness. The engine will be upped to a 45 HP this year. this is what happens in the waters i run for duck hunting, shallow and tons of obstructions. First few weeks of season.

cropss.JPG