Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
VinRLX

Season Opener!

VinRLX

So this season begins the way last season ended--with dock and lift in the ice. Cry.gif What's up with the crazy cold and snow?

post-30-1176068566_thumb.jpg

Ronnie
Dontknow.gif I snowed here almost all day yesterday. No accumulation but it was falling. Crazy.gif

BarefootOz

Jack- Same here, I was hopping to start skiing today... not a chance! Cry.gif Very cold!... Mad.gif

SURFRAY

Yeah we had a WHITE EASTER too, 3 inches of snow this morning Dontknow.gif Could you believe it was warmer on Christmas Day than Easter. Crazy.gifCrazy.gif

NorCaliBu
So this season begins the way last season ended--with dock and lift in the ice. Cry.gif What's up with the crazy cold and snow?
Whistling.gif - - - - - Innocent.gif - - - - - Biggrin.gif

MalibuNation

More snow today and a mix of snow and rain mid week. Hey, this cold spell killed the early skeeters ... got to think of something good.

UWSkier

Last week we had about 10 feet of open water in front of the cabin. This week, I could've ridden my sled on it. I went farther north where the lake effect was deeper. 59" of snow last week... after I'd gotten a sunburn on Monday... weird winter this has been!

Sixball

Got home with new BU today around 3:30 lake is iced over again..... Dammer!!!!! it was open Sunday morning. Skied April 1. Temp has fallen every day since. New boat is in garage and will get sealed, inspected, played with, oh ya and DROOLED all over. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif Had it out for a half hour wow does the wake look good!!!!! . OK EVERYBODY do a sun dance..

VinRLX

How about some pics of the new ride? After you wipe the drool off, that is. :) I'm all for a collective sun dance. My lake opened last Wednesday, but keeps trying to refreeze at night. The temps, wind, and precipitation are keeping me from dropping the boat. Cry.gif

Colby

You guys must not pay attention to the news. That white stuff, ice, and freezing cold temperatures is called Global Warming.

Al Gore is a genious!

Colby

martho

Warm weather is coming, just not around here. I am already out coaching baseball for 13/14 year olds. All three of our practices so far have been conducted in snow flurries. I am anxious to start some water time, however this spring is COLD. Two years ago we started March 6th.

UWSkier

From Saturday. If I can't water slalom, I'll powder slalom. Great balance and strength cross-training for skiing actually! :)

19.jpg

This was the most fresh snow I've ever ridden and the latest in the year I've ever ridden. Global Warming? Right... Shut up Al...

Edited by UWSkier

LS-One

Everything is relative. We are having wonderful weather here in Central Cal lately, but I attended a meeeting at the Merced Irrigation District yesterday and they said Lake Mc Clure has already risen to its highwater mark and is on the way down. Last year the lake hit its highwater mark on the 4 th of July. :(

VinRLX

Why wasn't the boat in the lift? Crazy.gif

thealy
Why wasn't the boat in the lift? Crazy.gif

I know, its killing me. I think the temps will allow for it this comming weekend, although 5" of snow are forcasted for the next two days with a bit more on Saturday.

VinRLX

I'm in the situation. If I put it in today or tomorrow, it'll just sit there and collect snow/sleet/slush for the next couple of days. Once this little weather maker passes, the wind forecast looks horrid!!!

Oh, and Michael--

Whistling.gif - - - - - Innocent.gif - - - - - Biggrin.gif

Not really sure. . .what. . .you. . .meant. . .

. . .so :biteme:

Tongue.gif

NorCaliBu
Oh, and Michael--Not really sure. . .what. . .you. . .meant. . .
Oh I think you know what I meant. Tease.gif I just get tired of typing over and over again about how much I am getting to ski while you sit at home measuring the thickness of the ice. :lol:Tongue.gif

VinRLX
I just get tired of typing over and over again about how much I am getting to ski while you sit at home measuring the thickness of the ice. :lol:Tongue.gif

You just better hope I don't PM you every time I ski from June-September while you are working. Or recovering from one of your injuries. Your mailbox would overflow while your hull begs for water. Tease2.gif

NorCaliBu
You just better hope I don't PM you every time I ski from June-September while you are working.
Working? ROFL.gif
Or recovering from one of your injuries.
Cry.gif Please, not again this year. Cry.gif

VinRLX

Need a little advice--should I launch the boat today??? Crazy.gif

post-30-1176747742_thumb.jpg

Sixball

I am going to start new business. Optional Ice braking bow for ski boats??????? Crazy.gifTease.gif

mrothwell

post-30-1176747742_thumb.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone already took your boat off the lift. Probably out skiing right now.

VinRLX

OOhhhh. . . That's where the wife is--out on the boat. Geez, I hope she has the bimini up. Crazy.gif

NorCaliBu
Dang...the snow is even deeper than your first post in this thread. :unsure: OK, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you. :(