Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

help cant get boat on plain

cavey

i own a 07 lsv wakesetter with the HH engine stock prop ,stock weight plus power wedge

and about 2,000 lbs of lead mainly in the rear had vlx,s with the moonsoon in the past same weight in not a prob

want to know if u guys think a need to change prop and if yes wat to

I have basically the same boat as you and run around the same weight (although not all lead). I have found that the best wake is with just under 45% of the weight in the front and no wedge. If you want to use the wedge you will need half the weight in the bow, but at 3000 lbs of ballast the wedge is not needed. Also I highly recommend the Acme 1235 prop.

thanks wakegirl the wake does not seem that big the vlx seemed bigger will try moving lead thanks

You'll find that because of the increased surface area of the LSV vs. the VLX, it will take more weight to achieve the same results. With that said, many of the pros now are using the LSV over the VLX. Do you know what prop you're running right now?

I'm assuming you have the V-25 wake hull. You need more weight up front/middle, you will notice a big difference. The V-25 wake hull is different in that it likes weight up front. I'd be really cautious putting 2k pounds of lead in your boat, if you ever took a big roller over the bow you might be in a bind.

thanks guys dont know wat prop i have its just the one that came with it .

yes its a wake25 hull. as for taking bow wave wat else can u weigh boat with ?

you need at least that much weight in would like to put more in

thanks guys dont know wat prop i have its just the one that came with it .

yes its a wake25 hull. as for taking bow wave wat else can u weigh boat with ?

you need at least that much weight in would like to put more in

Water ballast. It sounds like you need to spend some more time getting the weight dialed in because 2,000 lbs in the back of the LSV is way too much. Why do you need so much weight? How advanced are you as a rider? I usually ride stock ballast behind my VLX and can throw 5's and grabbed 3's easy.

Good luck, and move some of that weight to the bow and see how you like it. If you are not an extremely advanced rider I would go out on a limb to say that you would actually be better off learning on a smaller wake that stresses proper technique instead of just using the big wake as a crutch.

just because i ask a question about a boat i have never owned before

all of a sudden iam a cr*p rider.

prob is on our lake they are all skiers so only me and wife

in boat so need bit more weight than most

I don't see anyone calling you a crap rider. It sounds to me like you are pretty inexperienced if you are throwing 2000lbs of lead in the transom instead of equally laying it out. For what it's worth I learned 5's on a SAN with stock ballast and 2 people. That's just me, and my personal opinion is that a lot of people use a big wake as a crutch to hide poor technique, I'm not saying this is necessarily the case with you because you didn't disclose your riding level. Even then I don't think most people ride with 2000lbs of extra people, but that's your deal and gas.

As others have said move some of the weight to the bow and be careful of rollers because Lead= static weight and if you start taking on water the boat is going to go all the way to the bottom.

Also if you could try using at least half decent grammar, spelling and punctuation it would be appreciated. Generally speaking those who use proper Grammar are more respected because they take the time to make posts readable, this courtesy is generally appreciated.

well after reading things here and on WB.com you are definitely getting ripped a new one for sure!

but truth be told, it is common sense. i guess they might do things a bit differently over there on the other side of the pond.

as Dragon88 stated that alot of people put all this weight in their boat and dont ever develop technique. in all honesty the 4 tanks on the malibu are plenty for most people, maybe adding another 300lbs would be about it

Also if you could try using at least half decent grammar, spelling and punctuation it would be appreciated. Generally speaking those who use proper Grammar are more respected because they take the time to make posts readable, this courtesy is generally appreciated.
Dragon no you didn't :lol:
:lol: Yes, he did. :lol:

FWIW...I just installed the 750s in the lockers of my LSV and took off with just them full and it was a definate struggle to plane. The bow hit the sky. Sooooo...my experience with my old I/O I just sold, told me that it was WAY too heavy in the rear. I think Bu's, esp yours and my LSVs, act better with weight more evenly distributed.

I would be curious if you put 2/3 in the mid-front and 1/3 in the rear, with the wedge...how it might act? I don't think your close to overweighting the LSV, but it just needs to be spread out a bit.

Hope this helps a bit and woud be curious to a follow up post if you play around with it a bit,

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV
I liked his thread on wb.com better though, Microsoft paint was brought out:

malibuweight-v8_126.jpg

you do not see that one everyday. Thumbup.gifClap.gif