Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need to add 2 switches

Love2Board

I have one accessory switch available on my 2001 Sunkicker. I'm going to use that for the depth sounder. I need to add two more switches for my ballast system. My switches are the round style.

Does anyone have any idea where I can mount them? I thought I saw a post somewhere that someone used a blank panel. Got any pictures? Got any 'where to buy' information?

Love my Malibu! Yahoo.gif

Edited by Love2Board

Why waste a switch on the depth finder? Just hard wire that on in directly and you're half way there. Assuming your stereo is also on a switch you could move it off the switch and you'd have your two vacant switches.

Mike

Why waste a switch on the depth finder? Just hard wire that on in directly and you're half way there. Assuming your stereo is also on a switch you could move it off the switch and you'd have your two vacant switches.

Mike

The depth finder doesn't have it's own on/off switch. It would always be on when the key is on, and I don't like that. I like to turn it off when approaching the dock. It's annoying at that point, and I have more important things to do than listen to that noise when I'm docking. Thanks for the reply.

If I don't get any other replies, I will perhaps do what you say, but I'd like to see what everyone else says first.

Mike

The depth finder doesn't have it's own on/off switch. It would always be on when the key is on, and I don't like that. I like to turn it off when approaching the dock. It's annoying at that point, and I have more important things to do than listen to that noise when I'm docking. Thanks for the reply.

If I don't get any other replies, I will perhaps do what you say, but I'd like to see what everyone else says first.

The alarm would be annoying, but I assume that the alarm can be turned off, then you could just leave the depthfinder on. None of the 'bu's I have driven beep.

Mike

The alarm would be annoying, but I assume that the alarm can be turned off, then you could just leave the depthfinder on. None of the 'bu's I have driven beep.

The alarm is the shallow water alarm. I need that in the Potomac River, just not when I dock. Maybe I'll see how hard it is to disable it when I'm docking. Thanks for the advice.

Can you post some pictures of the dash? That might help us spot a place for the switches.

Would you be able to mount a piece of heavy plexiglass (similar to the stuff used for stereo wired remotes that generally goes under the dash for the driver) and put the switches in that?

Can you post some pictures of the dash? That might help us spot a place for the switches.

Would you be able to mount a piece of heavy plexiglass (similar to the stuff used for stereo wired remotes that generally goes under the dash for the driver) and put the switches in that?

I'll take some pictures of the dash area tonight. I'll be working on her installing ballast pumps and finishing PP installation. Note to self: Remember Camera, remember camera!

Thanks!

Mine is an aftermarket depth finder by Norcross Marine. The Hawkeye.

Do you have a Sony Stereo Remote? This panel is available from Malibu.

I have a remote, but not that panel. I think that would work wonderfully! Does that remote receiver allow me to use the remote without lifting the armrest over the stereo? If so, that's pretty cool! Know where I can get one?

I have a remote, but not that panel. I think that would work wonderfully! Does that remote receiver allow me to use the remote without lifting the armrest over the stereo? If so, that's pretty cool! Know where I can get one?

Yes, but it only works with Sony head units (& not all of them at that).

Yes, but it only works with Sony head units (& not all of them at that).

I'd be happy with just getting my hands on that panel!