Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How anal are you?

Birm

My trailer sits unobserved in an enclosed storage space. When I use the boat I drive it one mile and dump it in the water. It then sits empty among countless other unimpressive trailers in the parking lot all weekend. Why on earth would I care if my trailer looks good?

I don't get it. Dontknow.gif

I think its something to with the $45k plus investment and taking care of it, but, I could be way off base. Whistling.gif

My trailer sits unobserved in an enclosed storage space. When I use the boat I drive it one mile and dump it in the water. It then sits empty among countless other unimpressive trailers in the parking lot all weekend. Why on earth would I care if my trailer looks good?

I don't get it. Dontknow.gif

I think its something to with the $45k plus investment and taking care of it, but, I could be way off base. Whistling.gif

Well I agree waxing the boat and keeping the trailer maintained but I highly doubt waxing it is going to significantly extend the life of the trailer. To me, my trailer does not need to be fashion show material driving down the road.

I'm not anal enough. I don't wash or wax it. At least I haven't. I do clean the interior. Too hard to wax the hull. For you anal types how do you wax the part covered by the bunks of the trailer? Do you fret over that?

Do you allow kids on the boat?

I'm not anal enough. I don't wash or wax it. At least I haven't. I do clean the interior. Too hard to wax the hull. For you anal types how do you wax the part covered by the bunks of the trailer? Do you fret over that?

So your boat is 1 year old..? Come see us when you've got a few years on it...

Most of us don't wax under the water line.. no benefit since it doesn't water spot under water Crazy.gif

I wax my trailer everytime that I wax the boat and also shine the tires. My wife says that I have a sickness trying to keep the boat clean!

I have not waxed it...but when I clean the boat, I do the trailer usually with babes and then a little Meguiars on the tires to polish that chrome. If you do the boat, you GOTTA do the trailer!!! At least that is what my OCD tells me. Biggrin.gif

I don't think there is anything wrong with not waxing or washing your boat/car whatever. However, I just prefer my stuff to be clean and believe the resale will be higher. I don't make alot of money, so I just see the extra couple hours spent here and there cleaning as being cheaper than, losing money at resale or paying someone else to do it. Plus, I think of cleaning as a sort of preventative maintainance, gives you time to really look over...stuff.

wash, wax, & touch-up paint every time the boat comes back to the house (3x/year). Chrome, stainless & wheels polished. And tire shine everytime it goes out on the road. It's a sickness, I know.

It definitely appears that their are varying levels of analness amongst the crew, with trreid on one end of the spectrum and others like Mike00LXI on the other! Crazy.gif However, one things for certain....we all seem to spend the time washing, waxing and cleaning our Bu's. Some, like me view the trailer as more or less a tool to get the boat from point A to point B where others meticuously detail it so that it is a fashion accessory to their boat. I gotta admit, a cleaned trailer with polished hubs and blackened wheels looks sweet...I just don't have the time to do it very often.

wash, wax, & touch-up paint every time the boat comes back to the house (3x/year). Chrome, stainless & wheels polished. And tire shine everytime it goes out on the road. It's a sickness, I know.

It definitely appears that their are varying levels of analness amongst the crew, with trreid on one end of the spectrum and others like Mike00LXI on the other! Crazy.gif However, one things for certain....we all seem to spend the time washing, waxing and cleaning our Bu's. Some, like me view the trailer as more or less a tool to get the boat from point A to point B where others meticuously detail it so that it is a fashion accessory to their boat. I gotta admit, a cleaned trailer with polished hubs and blackened wheels looks sweet...I just don't have the time to do it very often.

Soon when the kids are older you'll have one kid per tire, so those should look great.. Surprised.gif

I just doing a casual washing of the trailer when washing/waxing the boat. I just don't care enough about the trailer compared to the boat, I guess. My trailer would probably need to be clayed and polished at this point, and I'm just not motivated/anal enough to do that. This weekend I briefly considered vacuuming off the carpeted step-sides next to the fender flares while vacuuming the boat, but quickly decided against it. Maybe I should wax the trailer, as it does take a beating all year sitting out in the elements. But I have enough OCD in taking care of the car and boat that I need to let something go.

I wax down to below the water line of the boat. I don't crawl under the boat and lay on my back waxing the hull bottom. That seems ridiculous, especially since the bottom of the boat doesn't get much sun exposure and I store on a lift, not in the water. If I moored in the water, I probably would wax the bottom to try to prevent scum buildup.

Soon when the kids are older you'll have one kid per tire, so those should look great.. Surprised.gif

You betcha...In the meantime I will be using them as extra buoys.

You betcha...In the meantime I will be using them as extra buoys.

No girls ? ROFL.gifROFL.gif

well since we didnt spend a single cent more on the trailer than what we had to its just plain old galvanised, not much point waxin that up...

100% guaranteed, no questions asked and not even open for debate...BarefootOz has you guys beat on this one.

OK!... I will spill the beans here, what the heck!... I know I am among friends here so I am sure I will be slammed good if not I will be disappointed... I wax my trailer every time I wax my boat which is once a month during the skiing season, (sometimes more)... my old Elete trailer showed rust at the welds so I had the trailer completely sandblasted and painted... I also replaced everything on the trailer... I did not liked the paint job so a year later I had it sandblasted and painted again!... Crazy.gif

post-88-1176256128_thumb.jpg

I wax the LSV every week and the trailer and bottom hull also but it's an illness they say! i'm ok with it, i like my rigg to look perfect to match the Navagator

I guess I have a "sliding scale" of analness...Begining of the season (usually march 1st), I full detail the LSV, takes about 2 days, every inch of her inside and out...call me wierd but I love doing it, crank up some tunes and spend some quality time with my other woman. For the next few weeks or so I am SOOO picky about waxing, waterspots, people getting in with shoes on, etc. Then the season kicks into full gear, all my light-weight friends that are afraid of the cold water come out and we spend 2-3 weekday evenings and all weekend on the boat...well I let a lot of dirt a spots go, just having to much fun to worry about it. That is until I do the next Full detail....

How about this...I actually played hookey from work last year, not to ride but to clean the boat before a big weekend...is that wrong??? Crazy.gif

Almost forgot, trailer I wax once a year, I only use it if the boat breaks down and I need to take to dealer...rest on the time Boat is on the lift and trailer sits in storage.

Edited by wakecrzy

If I didn't know any better I'd think my husband posted this Biggrin.gif

Are kids know how to work a toothbrush into the smallest of creases with love on our BU' it's a family affair around here.... Thumbup.gif AND if any of there friends want to go there working on either the tow rig or the packing up of the boat!!! MS.THANG shines like she just pulled outta the dealership every time we roll..

I guess I have a "sliding scale" of analness...Begining of the season (usually march 1st), I full detail the LSV, takes about 2 days, every inch of her inside and out...call me wierd but I love doing it, crank up some tunes and spend some quality time with my other woman. For the next few weeks or so I am SOOO picky about waxing, waterspots, people getting in with shoes on, etc. Then the season kicks into full gear, all my light-weight friends that are afraid of the cold water come out and we spend 2-3 weekday evenings and all weekend on the boat...well I let a lot of dirt a spots go, just having to much fun to worry about it. That is until I do the next Full detail....

How about this...I actually played hookey from work last year, not to ride but to clean the boat before a big weekend...is that wrong??? Crazy.gif

Almost forgot, trailer I wax once a year, I only use it if the boat breaks down and I need to take to dealer...rest on the time Boat is on the lift and trailer sits in storage.

You are TOTALLY on my page!!! Rockon.gif I played hooky last year before the NW WOW to ensure that we had a prestine ride. We even wiped her (boat,trailer,tower,tires) down, and shined the tires half way to Lake Billy chinook so she'd continue to look tight. Thumbup.gif

The trailer gets a wipe down at the ramp, it also gets a soapy wash whenever I do the boat (couple times a month). Can't say I've ever waxed it though. As for polishing the rims, I don't mind doing that. But for the last few seasons, I've just hired my ski partner's young kids to give the rims a quick polish once in awhile. Sure, they don't do the best job in the world, but it gives them something to do while waiting around the dock for their next set, makes them feel like they are contributing, and gives them a little cash to buy some treats at the local campground's snack kiosk.

we keep ours on a lift so the trailer only gets cleaned when it is used which only about once or twice a year. but i wipe the boat down not only when we are do for the day but also every time we stop to take a break. i try not to let people step on the vinale unless it is the back platform (only because there is no way of getting around the platform. but there are always a couple people who dont listen or forget so i have to wipe down everywhere they stepped on the vinal cause they leave foot prints. Mad.gif