Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How anal are you?

Birm

I finished washing and waxing the boat today and figured "what the heck, i'm gonna wax the trailer too." Just curious, how many of you wax the trailer? I don't know if I will do it again, but it sure looks nice...at least until I dunk it! Thumbup.gif

I wax mine, spray tire wet on the tires. I wipe the trailer down when I pull it out just as I would with the boat. Crazy.gif The trailer's got to look as good as the boat! Biggrin.gif

Edited by ResponseLX375

Yep...me too. Gotta wax the trailer, shine the chrome, tire black on the tires. It's a package deal....and I always want my package looking it's best

I used to be, but no one takes care of the boat so I have given up :( I try to keep it looking presentable when I am going to take it out, but have stopped spending hours cleaning it after others bring it back dirty...I want my own boat!

100% guaranteed, no questions asked and not even open for debate...BarefootOz has you guys beat on this one.

The pot calling the kettle black? :lol::lol::lol:

wash, wax, & touch-up paint every time the boat comes back to the house (3x/year). Chrome, stainless & wheels polished. And tire shine everytime it goes out on the road. It's a sickness, I know.

100% guaranteed, no questions asked and not even open for debate...BarefootOz has you guys beat on this one.

Do tell.

And yeah, my trailer's been waxed and tires greased. Who uses the Bissell on the trailer bunks? Surprised.gif

EDIT: Oh, and Shannoook, how come you don't wax the trailer as long as Troy has the stuff out anyway??? Tease.gif

Edited by VinRLX

Being a 40+ year salt water boater (not the Bu though), it becomes automatic to take real good care of your trailer. Besides the Bu's trailer is my first painted trailer so I'm going to keep it shined. I do an extra good job on it while on vacation where it sits without a boat for 3 weeks(except for gas-up time). Also throw in some maintainance at this time if it's needed. Starting The Bu's 5th season this year and will probably finally open the touch up paint this summer. Hope it didn't dry out, it's never been open.

I wish the previous owner took a little extra care of my trailer now I have small surface rust spots where rock chips exposed metal. anything worth a couple grand should be preserved to original quality in my book. Although my trailer is nothing special being used for every outing It is waxed after the boat is.

Just curious, how many of you wax the trailer?

This is the new definition of Anal? :unsure: Why would you wax the boat at all, if you're not going to clean/wax the trailer? That is like washing your car without cleaning the wheels... a job unfinished

Greg - I thought we already had the discussion that waxing the underside of the boat was not only not necessary, since the constant water beating on it, just takes the wax back off.. but it doesn't help the water flow smoothly. - hate to see ya wastin your time on that :)

I do wax the hull down to just below the water line.. but nothing that I can't reach while the boat is on the trailer

This is the new definition of Anal? :unsure: Why would you wax the boat at all, if you're not going to clean/wax the trailer? That is like washing your car without cleaning the wheels... a job unfinished

I don't think this is the definition of anal....I think there are varying degrees of this based on different tolerences for level of perfection that one seeks, thus the title of the post..."How anal are you?" For me, I don't wipe down the trailer after every use or use babes on it. However, the boat gets wiped down and sprayed with Babes after every outing. To me it is WAY more important to keep the boat looking nice since in my opinion it is much harder to do, and more valuable than the trailer that it sits on. Also, don't wax your boat at all and see what it looks like in a couple of years. For me, for the most part a wash on the trailer every now and then and an occasional wax is good enough.

P.S. I'm a bit cranky this morning, can you tell....I had the 1:30 A.M. and 6:30 A.M. feeding shifts this morning with a whole lot of fussing in between.

P.S. I'm a bit cranky this morning, can you tell....I had the 1:30 A.M. and 6:30 A.M. feeding shifts this morning with a whole lot of fussing in between.

I feel for you man.. I have noooo desire to go back to those days (couldn't imagine what it must be like x4).

As for the trailer.. I always wipe it off, including the wheels, after wiping down the boat.. since it is right there, and already wet. Takes just an extra min to make the entire package looking good. I only wax the boat/trailer twice a year or so..

Add us to the list. Troy will usually wax the trailer if he has the stuff out anyway.

He should have to spend much time since your boat never hits the water... Tease.gif

I do wax both the boat and trailer. I even use Mother's to polish the wheels and aluminum diamond plate.

I don't consider this anal rather normal.. Rockon.gif The boat is waxed once a month. Yahoo.gif

My trailer sits unobserved in an enclosed storage space. When I use the boat I drive it one mile and dump it in the water. It then sits empty among countless other unimpressive trailers in the parking lot all weekend. Why on earth would I care if my trailer looks good?

I don't get it. Dontknow.gif

Add us to the list. Troy will usually wax the trailer if he has the stuff out anyway.

He should have to spend much time since your boat never hits the water... Tease.gif

I do wax both the boat and trailer. I even use Mother's to polish the wheels and aluminum diamond plate.

I don't consider this anal rather normal.. Rockon.gif The boat is waxed once a month. Yahoo.gif

needinajeep you getting this? :lol:

Trailer gets waxed, tires get some tire shine, and the mags get some mothers wheel polish. Anyone ever wash the guide pole covers? I had to wash the covers once because my buddy ran my shiny trailer through a mud puddle, the agony.

Greg - I thought we already had the discussion that waxing the underside of the boat was not only not necessary, since the constant water beating on it, just takes the wax back off.. but it doesn't help the water flow smoothly. - hate to see ya wastin your time on that :)

So your saying by waxing the bottom of the hull its not going to help the BU go faster! Cry.gif

I like to clean the under side so no one can see the dirt if looking.

I never even thought of waxing the trailer..... you guys really are anal Tease.gif

when you buy a boat every other yr their is no need to wax the trailer.

In your case their is no need to even wax the boat. Tease.gif