Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-Ride

pennery

Somebody is smoking some serious CRACK if they think they can get $11,000 for an otherwise USELESS boat. Couple pieces of vinyl and the tranny is probably all this is worth anything.

Actual Condition The boat and trailer flipped while being towed. Please view the pictures for damage to the trailer, boat, and motor. The hull has gouges and scrapes.A trailer is included with the sale of this vessel.Motors and Machinery No statement of condition can be made regarding motors, engines or machinery, whatsoever. A photo may appear of the engine compartment and machinery, but it is entirely the buyers responsibility to inspect and determine their actual condition.

Cry.gifCry.gif Hate to see that happen. Cry.gifCry.gif

I am sure that the listing is from an Insurance Salvage Yard or something. The Bu' owner likely got paid out and is enjoying a NEW Bu even as we type....so don't be sad. Whistling.gifInnocent.gifROFL.gif

Actual Condition The boat and trailer flipped while being towed. Please view the pictures for damage to the trailer, boat, and motor. The hull has gouges and scrapes.A trailer is included with the sale of this vessel.Motors and Machinery No statement of condition can be made regarding motors, engines or machinery, whatsoever. A photo may appear of the engine compartment and machinery, but it is entirely the buyers responsibility to inspect and determine their actual condition.

Cry.gifCry.gif Hate to see that happen. Cry.gifCry.gif

I am sure that the listing is from an Insurance Salvage Yard or something. The Bu' owner likely got paid out and is enjoying a NEW Bu even as we type....so don't be sad. Whistling.gifInnocent.gifROFL.gif
That sounds like the voice of experience. :unsure::unsure: It's not your boat, is it?
That ought to buff right out!
:lol: Might take some rubbing compound. Thumbup.gif

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif TRUE! ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

Come on guys. Keep things in perspective. It's still in better shape than a new bayliner. Crazy.gif

Nope... Whistling.gif

But I did have a friend that did that sort of thing for a living, til he sold his business. ALOT of money to be made in Insurance Auctions, lemme tellya!!!! Crazy.gif

That sounds like the voice of experience. :unsure::unsure: It's not your boat, is it?
ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif TRUE! ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif
Come on guys. Keep things in perspective. It's still in better shape than a new bayliner. Crazy.gif

Looks like a good time and place for me to jump in!! I'm new( forgive my mistakes please) cause I am looking at getting a V ride, got all excited at the "mint with 85 hrs" till I saw it! Cry.gif

I recently moved to a lakefront home with a length and wt limit 21 and 3100#. Not many boats that size that will work for a wakeboard, surf, & barefootin family! I test drove a Vride this week and was impressed! How do the ski, board etc? any Boom available with that batman style tower? What's an expected good deal to expect to pay for a new 07

I have an Air Nautique 2003 167 hrs up for sale 34000. super shape! Thumbup.gif I have pics, but do not know how to put them on here.

YEP!- That was one of our boats!!! It was the first V-Ride our store got. I spent a few hours in that exact boat before I ordered mine in 2005.

Trentster

Looks like a good time and place for me to jump in!! I'm new( forgive my mistakes please) cause I am looking at getting a V ride, got all excited at the "mint with 85 hrs" till I saw it! Cry.gif

I recently moved to a lakefront home with a length and wt limit 21 and 3100#. Not many boats that size that will work for a wakeboard, surf, & barefootin family! I test drove a Vride this week and was impressed! How do the ski, board etc? any Boom available with that batman style tower? What's an expected good deal to expect to pay for a new 07

I have an Air Nautique 2003 167 hrs up for sale 34000. super shape! Thumbup.gif I have pics, but do not know how to put them on here.

The VRide is essentially the same boat as the pre-'05 VLX - an excellent wakeboard & wakesurfing boat. It's not a great ski boat though, so if you do more than the occasional recreational slalom run, then I'd look elsewhere.

As for the boom, there is nothing available for the Illusion X in a tower mounted boom. But you can use Barefoot International's vdrive boom, I've been told that it will work. An extension will almost certainly be needed to get it out of the spray, but they make those as well. :)

You need to try the vtx it is a 20 ft wakesetter. Try it before you buy the v-ride.

Agreed. A VTX on the new Cut Diamond hull would be a great boat to look at for your needs. With the beam being so wide on that boat, it will feel almost as big as the VRide. The only thing that this boat may give up to the VRide if you order on the Diamond hull may be the footing wake - the VRide's may be a bit more defined. BICBW, I'm just speculating on that.

Welcome to the site. :)