Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally

MalibuJim

Hey all. So glad to see so many farmiliar screen names. Some of you may remember me from MBO. A couple years ago, I sold my Response as the wife and I were expecting and buying a house. Well, the baby is a 20 months, and we moved to Texas so I can afford a real house with a decent mortgage instead of the Bay Area, Ca, where we both had to work to afford an 1100 sq ft duplex. I can also afford a new Malibu Yahoo.gif . We just signed papers on an '07 V-Ride. Expecting to take delivery next week. White, black, Illusion, wedge, '04 WS graphix, depth finder, no stereo (yet).

Here is my delima...I knew the lakes in California very well (high spots, good/bad coves, etc), and I know NOTHING about the lakes near Austin (except that there are many). I am sure I wouldn't have to twist too many arms to get someone to go out to the lake with me (my boat or yours), and show me the lakes. Maybe next weekend if the weather is good? Let me know if you are up for it. We are pretty mellow...not too much partying, and will most likely have the babe with us. I can surf pretty good, and wakeboard ok (W2W with a grab is the most I can do).

I will get some pictures of the Ride up as soon as I can.

-Jim

Welcome to Austin! We are usually out on Lake Austin during the late afternoon at least a couple of times a week. You are welcome to join us anytime. I will shoot you a pm with my contact info.

Its been a long time but I spent most of my time on lake Travis check around but I think it was one hell of a day boating. Go up to the gates of the mountains. I rember taking my mom for a ride thair was a cove many people swam at she said look all the people are wearing the same suit. ( ya nothing ) ROFL.gifSurprised.gifROFL.gifYahoo.gif

Looked up lake Travis last night on the web. What a change when I lived in Austin thair weren't any homes on the lake to speak of. Also I never remember any water level issues. Well my age must be showing now it was over 40 years agao. I also see the cove is hippy hollow and is a clothing optional park. :lol: Some nice shacks on the lake now.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. MalibuJim,

Welcome to Texas Buddy! Thumbup.gif I originally came from the Sierra Foothills where you must make 250g a year just to survive, so I love this Area also. I am in the SA area and just bought a Vride also. I assume you bought yours at CTWS and I think it is one of the ones I had to chose from when I got mine. Anytime you want to hit the Water a little south, let me know. When I head to the Austin area I will definately look you up.

Greg

Mr. MalibuJim,

Welcome to Texas Buddy! Thumbup.gif I originally came from the Sierra Foothills where you must make 250g a year just to survive, so I love this Area also. I am in the SA area and just bought a Vride also. I assume you bought yours at CTWS and I think it is one of the ones I had to chose from when I got mine. Anytime you want to hit the Water a little south, let me know. When I head to the Austin area I will definately look you up.

Greg

Yeah, CA is just rediculous on price. I bought mine from CTWS...good people. If you were looking at them, I bought the white, silver and black (see gallery).

Please hit me up if you are in the area. Always lookin' for people to hit the lake with.

-Jim

Jim and Spack,

Great to hear your enjoying your rides.

I'm not much on Lake Travis. More of a big boat/go fast lake for me. Unless you go pretty far from the Mansfield Dam you won't see many riders. But it is a beautiful lake. Tons of cool houses and the cliffs, and its just about full!!

I love Lake Austin after work on a weekday. Weekends are a little crazy unless it's late on Sunday. Constant level, no stumps, wind protected. What more could you ask for? Did I mention the Hula Hut on the lake for Happy Hour?

LBJ and Lake Belton are nice and are within an hour from Austin. Also Lakes Dunlap, McQueeney and Placid are great riders lakes. They're down near New Braunfels. Lotsa fun stuff to do down in that area in the summer. I have a guy selling some boats for me on McQueeney. He knows the lakes and would be glad to show you around.

Take a look at 360wakeboard.com. A little younger crowd, but they have some good events once in a while.

Jim, see you next week. We'll have the graphics in and switch that trailer.

Enjoy! Should be great weather the next few days!

Mr. MalibuJim,

Greg

Hey Spack, I am in San Antonio also, which lake do you frequent? I usually hit Lake Dunlap. We need to get together sometime.

Jamie

I am very familiar with Lake Dunlap (the lake is actually the Guadalupe River) in New Braunfels if you are ever down this way. I have also been on Medina and Canyon Lake. Let me know if you are ever down this way.

Jamie

Mr. MalibuJim,

Greg

Hey Spack, I am in San Antonio also, which lake do you frequent? I usually hit Lake Dunlap. We need to get together sometime.

Jamie

Jamie,

Sounds good. I am close to Selma, and I keep the boat up at Canyon, but go just about anywhere. I have it at the house right now, becasue it was on the water at Canyon for three days and it is time to do some cleaning. Almost hit medina today but the clouds were looking ominous. May play it by ear. Send me a pm sometime and we can link up and go skiing.

Greg