Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion and Titan Racks

larrys

Does anyone know if you can put 4 Titan Low Riders on an Illusion and be functional?

Yup. :)

gallery_28_29_11033.jpg

You do have to make sure that you order the correct racks for each position. The rack for the lower mount is much flatter, the upper rack has much more of an up-angle to the forks. I can send you some pics of the difference if you like. Get them with the liftoffs & stow them when towing, keeps 'em lookin' good. Thumbup.gif

EDIT: Actually I re-read your post & you asked about Lowriders, we've got Cruisers - sorry. Not sure if the Lowriders come with different angles for the different mounting positions.

Wakegirl If you don't mind me asking how much $$$ are you into the 4 racks with the lift off option on all four? I am kinda of having buyers remorse on my Titan Illusion spinners...

I can't remember exactly, but I want to think that each rack including the lift off was a bit over $400. The first 2 came with the boat & we modified the lift off to work on the Illusion since at the time Titan didn't have their Illusion stuff out yet. The second pair we bought last summer & they came with Illusion specific lift offs - bolted right up. Originally we thought about going with the Lowriders, but we have a midnight blue tower & didn't want any black that would look weird (it was one more reason to bail on the stock Metcraft racks). Plus I wasn't sure about the rubber dipped forks & how limiting that may be for surfboards, the Cruisers look like they have a bit more space to work with. Overall I have to give Titan a big thumbs up for their implementation on the Illusion tower - the quality, look & function as a whole is tough to beat.

Tracie, Thanks for the info! I'm trying to find out if they offer the low-riders with different angles.

jessem, Why the buyers remorse on my Titan Illusion spinners?

Tracie, Thanks for the info! I'm trying to find out if they offer the low-riders with different angles.

With my extended bimini the boots on the board hit the bimini when you spin them into the boat and I think they are very high quality but for what you get they are a bit spendy. Basically I am just being a Cry.gif baby about what I could have bought for $1000.00

With my extended bimini the boots on the board hit the bimini when you spin them into the boat and I think they are very high quality but for what you get they are a bit spendy. Basically I am just being a Cry.gif baby about what I could have bought for $1000.00

I understand... I had the Metcraft spinners last year. I liked the function... But, the quality was crap. After swapping them out with fixed racks I really didn't miss them. The thing I missed the most was the lift-off feature of the Metcraft spinners. That is why I am doing Titan racks with lift-offs this season.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you can put 4 Titan Low Riders on an Illusion and be functional?

To answer my original question: I was able to get confirmation from Titan that the low riders do come in an upper and lower configuration for the Illusions tower. They said all their racks for the Illusion come that way. If I were going to install a surf rack, it would go in the upper position.

Got me to thinking, since I am going to go with the lift-off mounts, I can exchange the surf rack for a board rack when needed. Titan said the lift-off mounts were the same.

Took the boat out for for the first time this weekend. Went to put the boards on the new racks and my Murray won't fit on the low-riders? Bummer! Looks like I will have to swap them out...