Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

10 hour maintenance check up

We are picking up our new v-Ride on the 14th of April...We already have the manuals and I have been reading the posts about the break in schedule. My question to you guys is: The ten hour maintenance check up at the dealership, did you have to pay for this or was it comped because the boat is new? The reason I ask is our friend who owns a MC said his was included and before I ask the dealership I wanted to get a feel for what other people have experienced.

TIA

L

We are picking up our new v-Ride on the 14th of April...We already have the manuals and I have been reading the posts about the break in schedule. My question to you guys is: The ten hour maintenance check up at the dealership, did you have to pay for this or was it comped because the boat is new? The reason I ask is our friend who owns a MC said his was included and before I ask the dealership I wanted to get a feel for what other people have experienced.

TIA

L

depends on the dealer, and the negotiations. Many people have negotiated that as part of the deal, and many dealers just throw it in with all new boat purchases.

TIA

L

Congratulations on your vRide and welcome. When you get it post some pictures (or a link to some).

Where are you located?

I bought and iRide last year. I was told, by the dealer, to wait for 20 hours before bringing it in. It made sense, at 10 hours you're just past the "break in" period.

The exception would be if you encounter any problems, of course.

I agree that it is based on what you negotiated with the dealer. I have to tell you that as a first time boat owner I didn't negotiate it into the deal (ignorance on my part).

It was a good news, bad news deal though. I called the dealer and they said it was included (hooray!), however when I brought the boat in thinking it was a freebie I ended up paying for the fluid changes (oil being the big $$ item). I guess it all depends on what is considered the "check up" and what is considered normal maintenance.

This is by no means a knock on the dealer, they have been great with everything including deals on other equipment that have more than made up for the cost of an oil change. You just have to learn to ask the right questions. As a first time boat owner I didn't know what to ask. To be honest, I figured all along that I would have to pay for the normal maintenance items. It was the prospect of a "freebie" only to be presented with a bill that was disappointing.

The Moral: Even if the "check up" is included, ask what is involved with the check up and if any other normal maintenance items need to be done at the same time that aren't included in the check up.

Have fun with your boat