Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

in-line flusher or fake-a-lake

I am unsure which motor flusher is a better choice, Perko or Fake-a-Lake. I have the 380 Hammerhead with the hot/cold shower, and didn't see "room" to add the Perko to the hose. That doesn't mean that I may be looking at the wrong hose. Dontknow.gif My pervious boat had a 351HO and I could "pop" the hose off and attach a garden hose to it to start the engine. Looking for any/all suggestions and ideas. Thank you.

EZ and free -

Undo hose clamps from thru hull raw water intake and pull hose off of intake only.

Put a water hose in the intake hose and turn water on.

Be sure to have the drain plugs out and the excess water will just drain out and the impeller will pick up the rest

I have the Perko with one of those short white "RV" type hoses that I leave attached all the time.

So before I go to the lake and through out the off season I just open the side trunk grab the RV hose thats coiled and stored neatly to the side, hook it to the garden hose and run her for a bit.

I don't like the idea of crawling under the boat espesially when wet to use the fake A lake.

So this is convenient for me since I use it regularly.

I'm with BigD. Perko is the way to go. I have a permanently mounted section of clear hose on the perko with a PVC valve on it that I throw overboard and connect to the garden hose every time I pull back into the driveway.

Pat

PICS?? More details?? Man, I never thought of this but what a great idea!!!! An RV type water inlet!!! Maybe in the rear locker??I am stoked with the thought!! I have always used an old plunger with a hole cut in it for the hose. Not to mention, I could only use that for fresh water running while at home, not for winterizing. I have always winterized the old fashioned way of draining everything, pulling hoses, blowing air, etc, then adding antifreeze through the thermostat housing!! This would be perfect!!!!

Getting ready to install the perko. What is the best tool to use to make the cut thru the hose?

Thats for all the input. Installed it today, can't test because of snow. Before I moved to Kansas City, everybody told me it was nice in April. Thanks again from a Wisconsin boy in Kansas.