Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RLXi Windscreen

Ozresponse

Hi everyone

My Rlxi goes into production next month and was wondering what version of windscreen they are up to and how its holding up. Does it look any different to earlier versions. Mine will be built in Australia and I imagine it takes at least a month to get the parts out to Oz so I am hoping they have finally found a solution.

I just toured the CA Facory.

The windshields are fine. There are no further problems

The latest version should have a slam latch.

Expect this windshield to stick around, and bleed into other models as they are redesigned

Edited by edgeski1
Expect this windshield to stick around, and bleed into other models as they are redesigned

Interesting choice of words, edge! Biggrin.gif

(I know, I know...)

post-60-1175700702.gif

I just toured the CA Facory.

The windshields are fine. There are no further problems

The latest version should have a slam latch.

What is a slam latch?

I am picking up my 07 Rlxi Monday. I hope all is well. Will see what I get for windsheild. The boat has been in for over a week. the weather got cold and wet nights in mid 20s. I can't wait to see it. Clap.gifClap.gifClap.gifClap.gifClap.gif

Can't wait to hear what you think of it. Let us know what they have done with the side pocket/bars as well. (mounted up or down).

Can't wait to hear what you think of it. Let us know what they have done with the side pocket/bars as well. (mounted up or down).

My new LXi came with the side pocket bars as expected, but with a solid piece from the bar to the floor, covered with carpet. It's excellent, better than the net, and looks great.

I didn't know the side pockets were being looked at but I hope I get covered with carpet. Didn't like just the bar but had to have the Rlxi. I can't wait to see the boat.

A Slam latch is a little plastic dooickey that flexes and locks behind it as you close the door.

Personally, I really liked the Velcro, but this is good too. I Like it better than the old twist style latches, as it's easier to operate.

The last few 20LSV's and RLXi's I've gotten with this new windshield were picture perfect, they looked great, were quite solid and all functioned properly. I really disliked this windshield at first but I'm starting to come around.

A Slam latch is a little plastic dooickey that flexes and locks behind it as you close the door.

Personally, I really liked the Velcro, but this is good too. I Like it better than the old twist style latches, as it's easier to operate.

The last few 20LSV's and RLXi's I've gotten with this new windshield were picture perfect, they looked great, were quite solid and all functioned properly. I really disliked this windshield at first but I'm starting to come around.

Edgeski1 what about the side pockets? what is standard or what is coming in. whin did that change go into production? or did it. Dontknow.gifDontknow.gifWhistling.gif

I just picked up my new RLXi from edgeski yesterday. The new windshield they installed looks great. The window latch looks like it is going to work out just fine. As for the side bars, mine are mounted up . That's good. No toe busters. For those people that do not like the looks of the bars, thay can easily be removed. I would guess nets could be installed if you wanted them. Now all I need is a change in the Mich weather so I can get started with the ski season. Thumbup.gif

Edited by Boatman
Now all I need is a change in the Mich weather so I can get started with the ski season. Thumbup.gif

Amen to that. And thanks for sharing the new boat info.

Picked up my new 07 Rlxi Monday at Skiers Pier. Side bars are mounted up. Slam latch on windshield. Everything looks good. Hay boatman have you tryed to mount your mirror yet. Where are you mounting it? I am short a part Its in the mail. I should have parts by Friday and its snowing so hard over here now I don't see it holding me up at all. Looking at long range weather I can hope to get the boat in Sunday or Monday... For all that have asked I need to find a way to post pictures. Thinking about becoming a payiny member I do enjoy this site.

Picked up my new 07 Rlxi Monday at Skiers Pier. Side bars are mounted up. Slam latch on windshield. Everything looks good. Hay boatman have you tryed to mount your mirror yet. Where are you mounting it? I am short a part Its in the mail. I should have parts by Friday and its snowing so hard over here now I don't see it holding me up at all. Looking at long range weather I can hope to get the boat in Sunday or Monday... For all that have asked I need to find a way to post pictures. Thinking about becoming a payiny member I do enjoy this site.

My RLXi has an Xtreme tower and the mirror is mounted on an arm from the tower. It is sweet because it is directly above the driver's head and passengers can't block the view. New boat is tucked away in my garage waiting for a break in the weather. Both cars are sitting outside getting buried in snow. Priorities, ya know?

My RLXi has an Xtreme tower and the mirror is mounted on an arm from the tower. It is sweet because it is directly above the driver's head and passengers can't block the view. New boat is tucked away in my garage waiting for a break in the weather. Both cars are sitting outside getting buried in snow. Priorities, ya know?

Ya my truck is out in the snow. New boat is in the warm garage. I have the interior ready to go 303 on everything. Had the boat out last Monday for half hour. Very very nice can't wait to get just a littel time on it an hour or two and a ski maybe Sunday. Thumbup.gif

My dealer here in Australia just got his first Rlxi today and I am disappointed to see we are still getting the velcro on the windscreen. Hopefully in the next couple of months the new type will arrive here (before mine is built). After owning 2 closed bow responses I still struggle to find this new boat attractive. I hope it grows on me. Side pocket bars do go up though!

OZresponse regal have had two go through now. one is in the yard one has already been picked up by the customer. i havn't seen them but mum and dad have. don't know what latch is on them and unsure about the side bars. collect ours 1st week of August. can't wait. when are you getting yours?

My dealer here in Australia just got his first Rlxi today and I am disappointed to see we are still getting the velcro on the windscreen. Hopefully in the next couple of months the new type will arrive here (before mine is built). After owning 2 closed bow responses I still struggle to find this new boat attractive. I hope it grows on me. Side pocket bars do go up though!

Where is the velcro exactly on the windshield? Is it part of the latch?