Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Late Evening Run

Headhunter 2317

Tonight is what boat ownership is about. Me and my buddy put in about 6:30PM and enjoyed two hours of nothing but glass. The water is now 74. Perfect. Each of us got in three good long runs right down the middle of the main channel. The surface was oily slick. Just got home about 30 minutes ago. I can barely raise my arms.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yahoo.gif

I hate you! j/k I don't hate you I am just so jelous of you as I sit here writing a 10 page essay looking out my window at a grey windy rainy oregon night. I have to move!!! Cry.gif

Jet Ski Pro,

I feel for you man. I lived in Seattle for a while. Georgia weather is perfect for this. My avatar is a picture of the ramp we put in at. Looked just like that tonight.

Edited by Headhunter 2317

I can have 7 month season here but in the first two and last two months I only ride once or twice :( I guess its best though, because if it were nice here I would most likely be failing all of my classes Biggrin.gif

My favorite time to be out on the river is from 6:30 to 8:30 or 7 to 9 during the summer. Most people have started clearing out which leaves better water for us. I think a very magical time really.

Not tonight though. As mentioned above, it is really quite wet here right now.

obski, those early mornings on the river when it is so glassy and calm it almost creeps you out. When the water reflects the shore so much it plays tricks on your eyes. Thats my favorite time.

Rain rain & more rain here - you'd think it's the friggin' Willamette Valley in October the way it won't stop.  Tracie's very grumpy, very grumpy indeed. Ranting.gif

Traci,

I do not feel sorry for you! You live in Oregon, you are supposed to get rain. You want to talk about friggin rain, California (especially the bay area) is almost 200% of normal. THAT SUCKS!

But, either way now I am calm, sorry... I am with you and feel your pain Mad.gif

Rain rain & more rain here - you'd think it's the friggin' Willamette Valley in October the way it won't stop.  Tracie's very grumpy, very grumpy indeed.   Ranting.gif

Traci,

I do not feel sorry for you! You live in Oregon, you are supposed to get rain. You want to talk about friggin rain, California (especially the bay area) is almost 200% of normal. THAT SUCKS!

But, either way now I am calm, sorry... I am with you and feel your pain Mad.gif

I live in Central Oregon (high desert), there is a huge difference between here & the Willamette Valley where that common perception comes from. As far as boarding in the rain, it wouldn't be bad except for the cold temps & wind that's going with it this spring. Our lake should be approaching 70 degree water temps by now, it hasn't really broken 60 yet. I keep telling myself that the rain is good - fills the lakes, keeps the threat of drought & wildfire down for later in the summer, yaddah yaddah yaddah, but at a certain point selfishness just takes over. I want some time on the boat in the sun!

Sounds like it's time to move south. The water here is PERFECT now.

Just rubbing it in a little WG.......

Right Now we have only had a few day's of skiing weather. We have yet to top 75 degrees (lake temp around 60 wet suit weather in may) the wind has been a steady 5-10 miles an hour. And after memorial day the lakes will be so crowded that well you all know the deal. Only saving grace is those early morning mid-week ski runs.

I encourage everyone to make time bright and early, in the AM, to go out. The water is great and there is not a better time to ski.

I was out at 630am (hardly bright and early, but still morning) today. It was sprinkling and 4mph winds. 58F air temp and 60F water. It was a great morning on the water. I played in the course and footed.

Having the water to yourself is the only way to go. The only problem is trying to find people who would be on the water at 6am. That would be great!!!!!

Martho,

You were out this AM? Didn't you have all those storms or did they miss you?

Your water is 60F? How big is the lake?

Judy