Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX MSRP??

Willy

Well,

The boat is here and I am down to the final numbers with the dealer and something isn't adding up. It seems as though they are blowing the MSRP above MSRP. I was just reading the Powerboat Magazine test and they show the boat base to be $43,500 so I really would like actual MSRP. So, help with the below or help on where I can get that info would be greatly appretiated. (it just may be me with cold feet but I want to be sure before I spend this much money).

PS. Please, No comments on how I should have done this earlier. I wouldn't have thought twice about it had it not been for the Powerboat Mag article.

VTX wakesetter $

Monsoon $

St. Tips $

Depth Find $

Fiberglass Platform $

Heated Seat $

Shower $

Bow Ballast $

Power Wedge $

Bimini $

Boatmate Single w/ Swing $

The MSRP on a VTX is $51,587.00 according to the Malibu website. With the options you mentioned, your looking at about $58-$60k. Our VTX has similar options, but we also put a full blown stereo & upgraded to a polished Tatin III.

PS I saw that Powerboat MSRP too, I personally thought that was a misprint. The V-ride MSRP is $40,900 (this apparently includes a trailer), but the difference between the 2 boats is night and day. If it makes you feel any better, we absolutely love our VTX. NO REGRETS!!!

Edited by tmacwake

Yup, must've been a misprint. tmac has the correct price, and that is before the trailer or any of the mentioned accessories. I would guess MSRP equipped like that would be over $60K, and I would guess close to the $62K range. You can get a better deal than that, but that would be a close estimate of MSRP.

Yup, must've been a misprint. tmac has the correct price, and that is before the trailer or any of the mentioned accessories. I would guess MSRP equipped like that would be over $60K, and I would guess close to the $62K range. You can get a better deal than that, but that would be a close estimate of MSRP.

Boy I hope so because they were showing just over $63K MSRP for boat, trailer and all options. Of course there are a few more options than I listed but not many. ($1,200 msrp worth actually) However, I was just trying to cover the basics to get an idea. Like I said though, I got cold feet real fast when I read that article. My "great" deal would have went to a bad deal in a big Hurry!!

Boy I hope so because they were showing just over $63K MSRP for boat, trailer and all options. Of course there are a few more options than I listed but not many. ($1,200 msrp worth actually) However, I was just trying to cover the basics to get an idea. Like I said though, I got cold feet real fast when I read that article. My "great" deal would have went to a bad deal in a big Hurry!!

Yup, 62-63k was what I was coming up with. Get your standard 10% off good deal & you'll be where you should be IMO.

If 63K is what your looking at without a beefed up stereo, then that sounds about right.

Yeper, I bought my own stereo ( as you can see by my 9000 gajiilion posts in the stereo forum ) and they are going to put all of it in except the tower speakers. I have to have some excuse to hang out in the garage, have a cold one and admire my new boat while it goes from 65 degrees to 30 and snowy again...

Edited by Willy