Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX?

derider

Hi everyone looking at an 03 VLX. Anyone got any input on the wake, things to ask the seller about, etc. Also it has the Titan II tower w/light bar on it. I have an 8' garage door, do you think I will have any problems w/clearance when folded down? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi everyone looking at an 03 VLX. Anyone got any input on the wake, things to ask the seller about, etc. Also it has the Titan II tower w/light bar on it. I have an 8' garage door, do you think I will have any problems w/clearance when folded down? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We have an '03 23 LSV and it has a great wake, both for boarding and slalom skiing. It has the diamond hull but 900# of ballast. I store it in a pole barn so can't help you with the garage door question.

With the wedge and full MLS that thing will throw a great boarding wake. Add another 1k of weight and it throws a very nice surf wake!

It actually has an extra 250 plumbed into each locker that you can fill independantly for surfing or wake boarding. With that full and wedge down I imagine it will take quite a bit of front weight to get it set up right.

Thanks

I have a vlx and wouldn't give it up for anything but another new one!!! You'll be the happiest person. As mentioned with the mls and wedge you'll be very impressed with the wake Thumbup.gif . Don't be shy at asking any questions to the seller; think of anything and everything because he's the only person that truly knows if there's anything wrong with the boat. Also look over everything and I mean everything; under the seats, mls area, engine compartment for leaks and wear, prop, tranny and v-drive for leaks, steering ability, trailer for sure due to not servicing the trailer as much as the boat, brakes on trailer, guide rails broken off on trailer, fading on interior, stuff like that. Also ask if he has service records and pull all dip sticks to see if they're clean or dirty oil. Test drive it and even tow it to see what it feels like. Just remember always be cautious on buying anything used!!! The average price on boattrader for that year and model is around $36000 I hope that price doesn't offend anyone here but there's a starting price for you to work with. Give us some more info on the boat what engine,hrs,heater,shower,bolster seat,stereo, stuff like that!!!

Thanks

I have a vlx and wouldn't give it up for anything but another new one!!! You'll be the happiest person. As mentioned with the mls and wedge you'll be very impressed with the wake Thumbup.gif . Don't be shy at asking any questions to the seller; think of anything and everything because he's the only person that truly knows if there's anything wrong with the boat. Also look over everything and I mean everything; under the seats, mls area, engine compartment for leaks and wear, prop, tranny and v-drive for leaks, steering ability, trailer for sure due to not servicing the trailer as much as the boat, brakes on trailer, guide rails broken off on trailer, fading on interior, stuff like that. Also ask if he has service records and pull all dip sticks to see if they're clean or dirty oil. Test drive it and even tow it to see what it feels like. Just remember always be cautious on buying anything used!!! The average price on boattrader for that year and model is around $36000 I hope that price doesn't offend anyone here but there's a starting price for you to work with. Give us some more info on the boat what engine,hrs,heater,shower,bolster seat,stereo, stuff like that!!!

The boat has 450 hrs, flip up drivers seat, is that the bolster;?. Stereo w/remote and transom remote, infinity sub w/own amp and volume control, 2 addtional amp one for the boat speakers, one the tower. Tower lights, 4 board racks. 335 Monsoon. Does Malibu make the seat you can move around like nautique has? No heater but I am definitely going to add that since I am in Wisco, we use our heater a lot.

The 03 is a great boat for wakeboarding, surfing and with some weight you can make some huge wake's. 450 hrs are not much for a boat if all services have been performed.

check this link out for buying a used boat.

Welcome.gif to the site and feel free to ask any other questions.

Let's just say I've got 660 hrs on mine and runs just like new! Yes Malibu does have a swivel seat I think that is standard, I've got it. The flip up seat is the bolster seat as well If you don't mind me asking what is he wanting for it so I can tell you if thats fair?

Edited by vlx wakesetter

I had a 2003 VLX with the Titan II tower and Titan lights and had no problem putting the boat into my garage with a 8'-0" door.

Thanks

The wake is a great wake I had a VRide which is the same hull... also a hull that has proved it self many times and doesn't really need any talking for! The wake is realtivly kicker since the boat is narrower than the new vlx but very easy to learn on and very good for all level of riders! Personally I would ask to do a lake test with the boat you'll be able to decide everything for your self and know the boat runs well before the purcahse! I personally sell boats and I definitly think the best way to sell a Malibu is to put it on the water and it does all the selling! anyways good luck with the purchase!

I had an '03 VLX for a demo when it was new, and loved it. It had the 335 Monsoon as well, and ran like a champ. You will love the wake as well.

I had an '03 VLX for a demo when it was new, and loved it. It had the 335 Monsoon as well, and ran like a champ. You will love the wake as well.

Thanks for all the input guys, going to lake test the boat on Sat and hopefully bring it home!