Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which swivel racks

bboozer

Well, I know that this may have been covered, but in my searches, I did not find a good answer. I ordered an 07 VLX and I am about to take delivery, and I want the swivel/swing in racks, but I am unsure as whick ones to get. The dealer recomended the Metcraft swing ins.... because they would not hit on the tower speakes.... (I ordered it with the 4 tower speakers) but from what I little I have seen on this site and I am new to it, people are not saying that they like the Metcrafts, and to go with the Titans..... Doe anyone know if the Matcrafts are a new design or should I change my rack selection?????

Well, I know that this may have been covered, but in my searches, I did not find a good answer. I ordered an 07 VLX and I am about to take delivery, and I want the swivel/swing in racks, but I am unsure as whick ones to get. The dealer recomended the Metcraft swing ins.... because they would not hit on the tower speakes.... (I ordered it with the 4 tower speakers) but from what I little I have seen on this site and I am new to it, people are not saying that they like the Metcrafts, and to go with the Titans..... Doe anyone know if the Matcrafts are a new design or should I change my rack selection?????

If Metcraft has not come out with a new design for 07 I would stay away from them!!! I had 2 different MC swing racks last year and ended up replacing them with fixed racks. I have heard the Titan new swivel racks are nice! But, costly. I found that I could really do without the swivel. Bu, the ability to remove them was nice. The MCs would do both. Not sure about the Titans. Titan does make a liftoff mount for their none-swivel racks.

If memory serves me right the titans are $600.00 a piece but nice, another option are Nice Racks which I have a set of and like them and their signifcantly cheaper than the titans. I looked at the Metcrafts last year and they just looked cheezy but maybe they redesigned them.