Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Installing Perfect Pass

I have a 2001 Sunsetter DD with the 350 Carb Indmar. I just bought it and it only has 75 hours on it. Pristine condition. This is my first post I believe. Great forum!

My throttle cable comes from the rear of the engine, and PP mounts on the front. When I use the manual throttle, the cable coming from the rear pulls the throttle towards the rear. How is PP, with it's string, going to PUSH that throttle back?

I've read the manual, but I think the PP should be coming from the rear of the engine and PULLING the throttle back, in the same direction as the manual throttle does.

I haven't used it, have not completed the install, but it just doesn't seem right. I just put in the module, paddle wheel, and mounted the servor motor tonight.

What am I missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hehehe.... Very good question my friend.

In reality, PP only PULLS the throttle. The throttle position holds it the other way. Trust me, install as it shows, then open the throttle up part way and turn the knob....you'll see it pull it back.

It's kinda backwards from how you would assume it if you've never used it. The manual throttle position must be higher than the maximum rpm that PP will need, or it will give you a "low throttle" error. PP pulls the throttle body back to operate in the rpm range needed.

Peter

By doing it this way you have a safety built-in in that with PP engaged the boat can NEVER go any faster than what you set the throttle at. Think of PP as a way to "hold back" the throttle to the appropriate speed/rpm's rather than provide the throttle to get to the appropriate speed/rpm's.

Mike