Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shakedown cruise

onamission

First boat ride was a success, Thumbup.gif other then having to make a quick impeller change and one of my ski partners leaving the zipper on my dry suit open about a 1/4" :Doh:. Water was fairly flat and temp was reading 52, amazing how fast a lake can warm up in a week.

Actually got in and out of my new Approach binding for the first time without any problems. Boats back home, dried off and now its Beer.gif time.

Hope the same for everyone on there first ride of the year.

If one of my ski partners left my zipper open 1/4" I'd fire her. Oh, no, wait, we're married. Ok, if she left my zipper open even 1/32" I'd take that as a signal. :)

Happy skiing to you!

First boat ride was a success, Thumbup.gif other then having to make a quick impeller change and one of my ski partners leaving the zipper on my dry suit open about a 1/4" :Doh:. Water was fairly flat and temp was reading 52, amazing how fast a lake can warm up in a week.

Actually got in and out of my new Approach binding for the first time without any problems. Boats back home, dried off and now its Beer.gif time.

Hope the same for everyone on there first ride of the year.

Going on my shakedown cruise tomorrow!! Yahoo.gif Glad to finally be getting the season underway!

If one of my ski partners left my zipper open 1/4" I'd fire her. Oh, no, wait, we're married. Ok, if she left my zipper open even 1/32" I'd take that as a signal. :)

Happy skiing to you!

your so right dude !!!!! Outstanding post !!!

52 and you need a dry suit? Weenie Tongue.gif

No one every say the water temp reading where right, but if you want to jump in water that people where walking on a week ago I'll be more then glad to take you for a pull. I also had both heater running on high and the heated seat on, if you have them use them. Tease2.gif

So, you really had no problems getting in and out of your approaches? I gotta tell you I struggled with both ends last weekend for the first time in mine...I've always put my front foot in first with my animals, but I think I'll try rear foot first and see how that goes. The getting off part had to do with limited flexibility (drysuit), cold water, and of course being completely exhausted...but getting in and cinching things up was a pain too probably due mostly to the drysuit.

So, you really had no problems getting in and out of your approaches? I gotta tell you I struggled with both ends last weekend for the first time in mine...I've always put my front foot in first with my animals, but I think I'll try rear foot first and see how that goes. The getting off part had to do with limited flexibility (drysuit), cold water, and of course being completely exhausted...but getting in and cinching things up was a pain too probably due mostly to the drysuit.

That's exactly what I had to do last year when I first got my Approaches, and it works pretty well. Getting out of them in the really cold water, with fingers becoming popsicles is the real PITA. But you'll get used to them and figure it out pretty quickly.

Man, talk about lobbing a softball... Biggrin.gif

So what are you doing with your boat for the mid-20 degree lows were expecting for the rest of this week? Just storing indoors, or are you draining the block?

So what are you doing with your boat for the mid-20 degree lows were expecting for the rest of this week? Just storing indoors, or are you draining the block?

Boat is in the garage and if my beer is not frezzing I'm fine. ;)

th_100_2143.jpg

Mad.gif It was a short summer. Frustrated.gif

Oh, common! It's getting balmmy out there today Crazy.gif

I'm predicting that the newly formed ice will melt off the lakes by the end of the week Tease.gif

th_100_2143.jpg

Mad.gif It was a short summer. Frustrated.gif

Oh, common! It's getting balmmy out there today Crazy.gif

I'm predicting that the newly formed ice will melt off the lakes by the end of the week Tease.gif

I Agree, It was nice while it lasted... forecast saturday is ~50 degrees....granted it forcasts rain...but 50 is better than 26. Still need to get back out there and see if replacing my Fuel Filter Fixed my RPM issue....

Got a 60W Lightbulb under my engine cover keeping the block from freezing.... and here i thought i was out of the danger of the block freezing after dewinterization.... if this keeps up im gonna go get a few gallons of the pink Antifreeze... hopefully after saturday it will start to warm up again.