Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vinyl protectant??

I have not had a BU for a couple of years and with the new VTX I want to get some protectant down asap. I used to use some stuff in a bright green bottle 2000 or something. But times change and I want something to help prevent staining and aging!! Car stuff or boat specific??

First, welcome back to 'bu-ville. It's wonderful here Clap.gif

Check out "303" You can Google-it. Most decent boat places carry it. Also many members here like the Babes Boat products line as well, same suggestions for finding retail distribution points.

Enjoy your new 'bu!

First, welcome back to 'bu-ville. It's wonderful here Clap.gif

Check out "303" You can Google-it. Most decent boat places carry it. Also many members here like the Babes Boat products line as well, same suggestions for finding retail distribution points.

Enjoy your new 'bu!

Dido 303 has the best protectant out there!!! Hands down Thumbup.gif The 303 you will need is the aerospace for outdoor use. You will find that almost everyone here is using it. Also meguiars boat vinyl conditioner is a very good product (its a blue spray bottle).

Yup! Ditto me2. 303 for the interior protector, Magic Eraser for vinyl spot cleaning, Babes Boat Bright for spot detailer on the hull. GREAT PRODUCTS!

303 is too greasy for me. I like the Babe's products.

303 is what we always used at the detail shop, so thats my vote... For stains we used a soft bristle brush, dawn dish soap and water. If any mildew present, add a splash of bleach to the water....

Edited by zollcat111

Slight hijack :

I bought a used pontoon a year or so ago. The vinyl is stained with what looks like mildew, but it is not nasty. I'm not as worried about this vinyl as what's on the 'Bu, so I'm willing to try a little more on it, but not wanting to trash it. Any suggestions on what to use would be appreciated.

Hijack off.

I use 303 on my vinyl and it still looks/feels new.

My dad had the same problem with mildew and cleaned with a soft brush, DAWN or something mild, and then went over with MAGIC ERASER by MR CLEAN. NOTE: They have a "foaming" MAGIC ERASER now that should work like a champ for your application. Can't say enough good things about the M.E.! I would use with a tad caution on/around stiching and just immediately wipe off with a damp rag or rinse...will be fine. THEN, hit with the 303 and your golden!

Best of luck and hope this helps,

Slight hijack :

I bought a used pontoon a year or so ago. The vinyl is stained with what looks like mildew, but it is not nasty. I'm not as worried about this vinyl as what's on the 'Bu, so I'm willing to try a little more on it, but not wanting to trash it. Any suggestions on what to use would be appreciated.

I have had good luck so far with 303. It has only been a year but their web site says all the right stuff that makes me very comfortable with using it.

For those that think 303 is too greasy, make sure you're following the directions and buffing it off after it dries.. Apply, & buff off with another towel.

If you don't go back and buff, it would probably be greasy (just a thought)

Yeah, not buffing off DEFINITELY leaves greasy/slippery. After buffing, the vinyl still has a nice sheen, but is not too slick.

For those that think 303 is too greasy, make sure you're following the directions and buffing it off after it dries.. Apply, & buff off with another towel.

If you don't go back and buff, it would probably be greasy (just a thought)

Exactly what needs to be done.

I love the Babes Seat Saver. I've used 303 a bunch too, but even after buffing, the 303 leaves it slippery. Babes makes it soft and supple, almost like leather...plus it smells good. Thumbup.gif