Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any body ever find any extra parts?

As everyone may know, or not, I have a whole 9 hours on my new to me v-ride. Well I was going over some fittings and sphitzer valves and found this stuff laying in the bottom/bilge. Is this common?

stuff.jpg

PS-just screws and washers not the wire, can, or drill bits

Edited by johnsvt

Yes, unfortunately it is common.

BTW, the sphitzer valve, now that's state of the art right there. You do have ball bearings, right? You can't use a sphitzer valve without ball bearings after all. It's all ball bearings these days. :)

It would seem to me that if final inspection at the factory missed those parts, final inspection at the dealer should have caught them. Just my $.02. Lazy.gif

I found a pair of needle nose Vise Grips in mine from the factory, though they were actually locked onto a nut above the fuel tank and not in the bilge.

I found a fork, car jack, two pairs of panties and a lost midget...left him in there and told him to clean that bilge up.

Edit:

Am I missing something here? What is a sphitzer?

Same thing as a muffler bearing... Biggrin.gif

Edited by RiverRunner
The more you pull your boat apart, the more stuff you'll find.

I found a swis army knife, assorted screws & washers, hose clamps, a bilge pump (presumably had been replaced), drill bits, and a razor blade.

It was new to us when we got it.

I found a fork, car jack, two pairs of panties and a lost midget...left him in there and told him to clean that bilge up.

HAHAHA Nerd... ROFL.gif

Am I missing something here? What is a sphitzer?

See the movie Fletch & you'll understand.

I found a water buffalo. Oh and I did notice the other day when I was removing my rear drain plug there were a few screws that I have not gotten arround to removing yet. I was a bit concerned that these had fallen off something but it sounds like there were just "extras", kinda like the extra one or two buttons at the bottom of my shirts.

I guess I feel better as I am not the only one. I must say though never found any extra parts in my centurion.

Sphizter valve is what gets fixed whenever your vehicle won't run, in my book everything is a sphizter valve except the Flux Capaciter nothing replaces the almighty FLUX CAPACITOR.

Ludicrous Speed...we have never been that fast captain???

I found 2 sets of the very large (3/4"?) nuts, lockwashers and standard washers that are used on the engine mounts - and 2 razor blades. I quickly checked my engine mounts and all was well Thumbup.gif so I guess those were dropped or left at the end of a shift.

I found a moldy bologna sandwich and some stale pretzels between my mufflers. Looks like the guy was trying to adjust the bearings during his lunch break or something. Shocking.gif

I found a moldy bologna sandwich and some stale pretzels between my mufflers. Looks like the guy was trying to adjust the bearings during his lunch break or something. Shocking.gif

Peter probably left that samwich there after the 20 hour serice, LOL.

I found a rudder shaft key in the bilge of my Echelon. I didn't think much of it, until one day after a power turn, my stearing wheel was off by nearly 180 degrees. Found out that the rudder was only being held by the friction of the rudder arm, and the key was not there.

Cleaning up my boat last fall, I found a ring of keys, Toyota door opener and nice pair of polarized Ray Bans... I called the guy I bought the boat from and he said the keys were not his...wonder how they got home???

Bolonga? No no, that was roast beef. (Well, originally anyhow)

The screws and washers get dropped into closed areas in production, and over time the bouncing of the boat will slowly work them all out into the bilge area. Sometimes dealers can catch them all after offloading from the delivery truck, other times it takes some water time. :/

Peter

ps - Jack, I hope you didn't eat that.

The screws and washers get dropped into closed areas in production, and over time the bouncing of the boat will slowly work them all out into the bilge area. Sometimes dealers can catch them all after offloading from the delivery truck, other times it takes some water time. :/

Peter

Vomit.gif

Peter

Vomit.gif

Yes that would have been past the 5 second rule.