Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

carpet savers

Mike d Wakeboarder

i just got my new 07 VLX and i was wondering if a carpet saver would be something that would be good to have. i am thinking about getting one but i do not know if it is worth the $380. any opinions would be great...thanks Biggrin.gif

Edited by Mike d Wakeboarder

I have one in my LXI since about 01'. I'd recommend it as it keeps the carpet clean and dry. You might be able to check a local upholstery shop and get it done cheaper. Maybe we could do a group buy on these if enough interest….

I have one in my LXI since about 01'. I'd recommend it as it keeps the carpet clean and dry. You might be able to check a local upholstery shop and get it done cheaper. Maybe we could do a group buy on these if enough interest….

I thought they didn't make them for the SLXI. Did you have it custom made?

If you have kids, friends who drop dirt, food, beer and what not in the boat, then its a must. I love having one in my boat and when you go to sell her then the factory carpet will look great.

I'm definitely interested in a group buy...

Me too...

I thought they didn't make them for the SLXI. Did you have it custom made?

They used to make them for the LXI, but no longer... Cry.gif

I am interested in group buy. I guess there in no problem with them trying to fly out of the boat while trailering at highway speeds?

I've never had a problem w/ it flying out, but I have the pylon/engine cover to keep it down. They do have places to secure it to the floor at the corners I just never needed to put more holes in my boat so I didn't.

Me too...

No more sales for the LXI and the company that produces them won't sell directly to us. We have to go thru a dealer, but they won't order them anymore.. :( Maybe check a local shop to produce it. Dontknow.gif

We had one in our last boat (Sunsetter) and it was a must for our new VTX. It almost seems as though something is missing without it.